cesbrick

[MOC] – Freebuild – The Wedgwood House

Early in the morning, while he was still sleeping , Adam left Terryn on the camp they arranged for the night and went to the mysterious house he saw on a nearby hill when they stopped. They are getting out of food and are, still, a long way from their destination in Mitgardia, so he decided to approach whoever lives there in hopes to get supplies and perhaps a hint on the safest path to their destination.

Lord Carnwalis is the one who leaves in that house. He is a peaceful man and living so close to the Mitgardian border, he sure will help Adam and Terryn on deciding the safest rout.

Hey everybody.

It´s been a while since I build something, but I’ve been sick and with loads of work so I did not have much time.

Anyways, this is my latest build, and the first of 2015.

I tried to do some things a bit different this time, like the walls and some colors on the landscaping. Also, this MOC is going to be inserted in a display that I’m working on to be displayed on my LUG's expositions, 0937 and so its viewable from 4 sides.

Sorry, once again, for the poor storyline, but definitely this is my weakest point and I cant do much better… :sceptic:

CC is welcome of course.

Hope you like it

16308646256_fed1aa9e86_b.jpgThe Wedgwood House

16147017588_6de209cf24_b.jpgThe Wedgwood House

15714689313_1dde69e5ed_b.jpgThe Wedgwood House

16332852331_fb4554d8f7_b.jpgThe Wedgwood House

Edited by cesbrick

Great build, Cesbrick!

You are definitely experienced in building realistic and curving roofs! The walls are great as well with the stone corners and the irregular windows. The little details really add to this MOC, such as the cart, barrels, woodpile and axe, well and bucket, flowers and trees, and the frog at the waterfall!

Each of your builds shows masterful use of techniques that not many builders are able to use and as always ingenious parts usage. Wonderful work as always. There's always little surprises that one sees when viewing one of your creations. You're a true master builder. Well done my friend. :classic:

Very nice shapes and use of color! Great to have you here in GoH :classic:

Fantastic build! The windows were what really caught my eye. The sweeping roof is gorgeous too. I really like the combination of white walls and the brick beneath. Beautiful!

Another great house from you Cesbrick, that sloping roof is great and I like the blend of white and stone for the rest of the house! The little porch out back is a really nice touch as well! :thumbup:

That roof is stunning! My favorite part however are the trees. Stylized perfection! Great work!

Beautiful my friend! Somehow, after all your great builds, you're still able to outdo yourself... very impressive! The various woodwork on the house is fantastic and really kicks up the level of realism to this build. The sweeping roof, color palate and trees are also fantastic. one of my favorites from you, though I'm still waiting on you to do a Nocty build!!

You just keep rolling along sir. How you get the angles and slants on these builds is nothing short of magic.

Wow... This is awesome! Lovely house, nicely curved roof and love those windows! Also the dark orange is a daring choice for the garden, but it works well. :wub:

Another great house from you Cesbrick, that sloping roof is great and I like the blend of white and stone for the rest of the house! The little porch out back is a really nice touch as well! :thumbup:

Thnaks Kai! The porch was a final touch. Initially I had 2 windows on the wall but felt a little empty.

That roof is stunning! My favorite part however are the trees. Stylized perfection! Great work!

Thanks Mike. These trees in particularly are a favorite of mine. I tried to do them with more leaves to make it look more real. Also, the curved one came out real well in my opinion. :)

You just keep rolling along sir. How you get the angles and slants on these builds is nothing short of magic.

Thanks a lot for your comments. I do love making leaned walls and curved roofs. :)

Lovely house.... Excellent moc Ces you keep amazing us!! :wub: :wub:

Thanks Gun. Glad you like it bud. :)

Oh my god, that is sooooooo beautiful! :wub: Lego should sell sets like this..

That's quite a compliment, thanks. Unfortunately this could never be a set. It has to many greebling things :/

An excellent build - once more - from your side.

This time a bit more reddish it seems.

Brick on!

Thanks Cap :) The roof is quite red indeed, but I just love this colored roofs :)

Wow... This is awesome! Lovely house, nicely curved roof and love those windows! Also the dark orange is a daring choice for the garden, but it works well. :wub:

Thank you Jorrith. Glad you like it.

Once again a fantastic house, cesbrick!

This is very impressive.

Thank you for your words ;)

Holy banana! I keep teeling myself that you really have made this out of lego! It´s just so realistic and the angels and shapes that flows so natural is mindblowing!

Holy banana! I keep teeling myself that you really have made this out of lego! It´s just so realistic and the angels and shapes that flows so natural is mindblowing!

Thanks de Gothia, that is quite nice of you. Always good when somebody needs to look twice to see if it is really Lego. :wink:

Another amazing build from you cesbrick! The way you make these builds have those crazy (yet realistic) angles, and have it stay together, is beyond me!

I think this is my favorite of yours so far :wub: The white walls mixed with stone and wood look amazing :thumbup:

Lovely trees too, even with standard stacked brick trunks they look incredibly natural :classic:

Well, nothing left to say about the house - its simply wonderful.

How about this for the story then: when finally arriving at the house Adam and Terryn notice its even more cosy and homely in the inside. So they settle down for a good dinner. While nice herbal smells begin to fill the room Lord Carnwalis takes out the lute--- and now it promises to get one of the nicest evenings on their entire journey to Mitgardia so far. Shiny if slightly tired eyes meet starry eyes... So they begin to drowse.

Adams last thought before he goes to sleep is - something isn't right here - I'm not hungry anymore but I should be. But he does not realize what really happens until many days later when they finally leave the wizards house again...

Because this is what Lord Carnwalis really is - a wizard - a scorcerer - member of the most powerful and most dangerous guilt. And a VERY lonely one as such...

Looking forward to your next MOC chiming into the story flow. :oh: