I dislike bagbuilding. You can't feel any pieces and it's hard to play with the bricks.

I dislike bagbuilding. You can't feel any pieces and it's hard to play with the bricks.

Then why are you posting in a thread about bagbuilding? :wacko::hmpf_bad:

I, on the other hand, enjoy bagbuilding for those very reasons. I do it for the challenge.

It took a 28 hour marathon session and required various stimulants and anti-anxiety medications, but I have accomplished my masterpiece.

6849047489_1d78eb75c6_z.jpg

You mean you opened the original bags and build it inside the bigger one, that is cool. :thumbup:

I had another go at bag building (my previous bag build here). This time I bag built the 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter set. The set comes in two bags, and each one also has a sub-bag within. The first bag contains the 4x4 and the driver (I have him/her sitting in the driver's seat), and the second bag contains the trailer, two dirt bikes, and the mechanic. The bags were quite large so the build wasn't too difficult; the hardest part was keeping the dirt bikes in place on the trailer and getting the drawers in their frame (also on the trailer).

00000048.jpg

00000049.jpg

I didn't apply the stickers as I couldn't put them on without opening the bags (and I don't usually apply stickers anyway). It also looks like I have the black/white helmets on the trailer on the wrong way compared to the picture on the box, but the steps inside the instruction booklet have them the same way that I have placed them :tongue:

00000050.jpg

I also bought the 10230 Mini Modulars set, and I was going to give bag building another try, but I didn't have the patience to put all of those 1x1 plates together inside a bag *huh*

Edited by Splat

It took a 28 hour marathon session and required various stimulants and anti-anxiety medications, but I have accomplished my masterpiece.

I think that may be against the rules! :tongue: But a very effective way of keeping it dust free.

I think maybe this brings another dimension to this topic...

I think I just beat LEGO.

20120115160532.jpg

I have no intention of building the other four like this. My brain hurts.

How did you open the two inner bags in the CC?! I can't get them. I really want to try this... :cry_sad:

How did you open the two inner bags in the CC?! I can't get them. I really want to try this... :cry_sad:

Very very carefully, haha. It actually wasn't terribly hard. If I could explain it in words, I would (because I remember exactly how I did it!). The hardest part was manipulating the bag AFTER the pieces were out. You wouldn't believe how frustrating it was having it in there and taking up space/getting between things. Having the brick separator in there was also a poor decision on my part. I want to open it to use it, but I guess I'll just stick to my two green ones I bought ages ago. :hmpf_bad:

Very very carefully, haha. It actually wasn't terribly hard. If I could explain it in words, I would (because I remember exactly how I did it!). The hardest part was manipulating the bag AFTER the pieces were out. You wouldn't believe how frustrating it was having it in there and taking up space/getting between things. Having the brick separator in there was also a poor decision on my part. I want to open it to use it, but I guess I'll just stick to my two green ones I bought ages ago. :hmpf_bad:

I just can't get the two sides of the small bags to separate. I pinch the bag(s), but then I can't feet the other side... :hmpf: I tried and tried, finally I just have in and opened the Cafe Corner one. I still have 4 tries.

Having the brick separator in there was also a poor decision on my part. I want to open it to use it, but I guess I'll just stick to my two green ones I bought ages ago. :hmpf_bad:

But can you disassemble the model using only the brick separator? default_blink.gif

Only joking, awesome job! Bagbuilding is one of those LEGO curiosities that needs a wider audience!

Edited by caperberry

But can you disassemble the model using only the brick separator? default_blink.gif

Only joking, awesome job! Bagbuilding is one of those LEGO curiosities that needs a wider audience!

For whatever reason, I picture a video of someone doing this and laughing FAR too hard. A+

I just can't get the two sides of the small bags to separate. I pinch the bag(s), but then I can't feet the other side... :hmpf: I tried and tried, finally I just have in and opened the Cafe Corner one. I still have 4 tries.

Worked for me, all you need is patience.

Also - one thing I learned from building-mini-modulars-in-bag is that one has to be careful not to destroy the outer bag. Once it starts ripping it's hard to stop it :/

Worked for me, all you need is patience.

Also - one thing I learned from building-mini-modulars-in-bag is that one has to be careful not to destroy the outer bag. Once it starts ripping it's hard to stop it :/

Maybe that's my problem. :tongue:

On a side note, I love your MOCs. :blush:

Edit: hooray for post count 1932!

Edit, part deux: I'm happy, frustrated, exhausted and finger pain. I bag built Mini FB. I think I chose the wrong one to do, so many 1x1s stacked on each other. :wacko: I feel accomplished though, and a better AFOL for it. :grin:

Edited by Legocrazy81

Here are my first two bag builds. Took me about 2-3hrs each mini modular to complete. With experience it has been becoming a lot easier.

IMG_9479.jpg

Edited by brick god

Here are my first two bag builds. Took me about 2-3hrs each mini modular to complete. With experience it has been becoming a lot easier.

Nice job. I bet that brick separator was a major pain to work around. My FB is still in its bag, I can't bring myself to open it.

Nice job. I bet that brick separator was a major pain to work around. My FB is still in its bag, I can't bring myself to open it.

haha it was, pieces gettin stuck in it and such. It actually had its uses to, like when I would missplace the little 1x1 plates by a stud or 2.

This is my only bag-building venture to date:

5489232587_e1b9ddb047_z.jpg

Not so sure I'd do it again - it left a little cosmetic damage on the polybag in the form of minor scratches. Some are visible on the bottom-right hand side of the image.

Edited by Remus_Lupin

Hehe... Fun little topic! :classic:

When I stumbled across the farmer, I had to try this, too.

While not as difficult as the other bag builds it was my first try in this domain. :wink:

7061876925_1c1bb7683f.jpg

BagBuild_big by Cerator at Flickr

Never thought I'd even contemplate this, but I recently ordered a bunch of mini star wars ships, so I might give it a go :)

Sorry to bump up an old topic, but that appears to be what happens all the time with this thread.. :tongue:

Had a go at this with some (very) small sets and really enjoyed the challenge!!

7475036662_52e164c0fb_c.jpg

7475035780_c8496e7e19_c.jpg

Edited by Roger Rabbit