TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

We have got some pictures of Jurassic World dinosaurs on Taobao and JW will also be a summer theme. So yes, I think that robotic shark is from this theme. Maybe humans vs. robotic monsters?

We have got some pictures of Jurassic World dinosaurs on Taobao and JW will also be a summer theme. So yes, I think that robotic shark is from this theme. Maybe humans vs. robotic monsters?

That sounds plausible actually. It may not be literal monsters, but more dangerous creatures, like the robotic shark.

Isn't there a missing agents set ? The shark could be for that

I think it will be Doctor Who or what about a Johnny Thunder Egypt / Mummy theme ??

It could be a brand exercise to release a haunted house type brand then roll the haunted house theme park ride (like the one in legoland Denmark)out into the parks they wanted it for winsor and Lego would think like that now like Disney and marvel they can look at a much bigger picture now

I love Scooby Doo, so I would be very much in favor of it being made into Lego, but I'd honestly prefer something unlicensed that can be combined with Monster Fighters, which is my favorite Lego theme of all time. I wonder if Legomilk has heard anything about this?

Edited by Echo

According to someone at Hoth Bricks it is indeed Scooby Doo. Of course this should be taken with a grain of salt...

http://www.hothbrick...-nouveau-theme/

LOL, I was just going to post a whole paragraph about why it isn't going to be Scooby-Doo, and then this shows up. I've never heard of any catalog for the Summer sets coming as early as November, but this makes sense as the commenter said these were shown at a showroom event. Only time will tell.

Edited by just2good

Scooby Doo, eh? I was gonna make an Ideas project about a year ago for it. Same with the Flintstones.

10010012094_81f82235d0_b.jpg

-Sci

Good grief those new designs for Scooby Doo are the worst things I have seen in a while. I'm hoping, if this new theme is indeed Scooby related, that they'll stick to the more classic designs, with regular minfig parts, and maybe a new mold dog for Scooby.

Also, where are these pictures everyone is talking about? I can't seem to find them.

Also, where are these pictures everyone is talking about? I can't seem to find them.

We don't have any pictures yet, except the ones of the dinosaurs and shark.

We don't have any pictures yet, except the ones of the dinosaurs and shark.

Those are the pictures I am talking about. Where would I find them?

Im all for a Scooby Doo theme. Though Im not a fan of the Be Cool designs, Ill take all the Scooby I can get, TV or LEGO. The only downside would be fleshie figs. But an in-house theme also sounds interesting, though Im afraid Monster Fighters will be hard to top. I, at least liked it for the historical angle as much as the horror angle; not a fan of robo-sharks if they indeed belong here.

Given all the cool and interesting parts Monster Fighters gave us (including all the nice parts in the Haunted House) this could be interesting.

That said, if it does turn out to be a Scooby Doo license, it might not be as good (especially since it probably wont be as "dark" or "scary" as some of the older Scooby Doo shows seem to be, especially given what Warner is doing with other cartoon properties it owns)

Edited by jonwil

I'm guessing that the big robo-shark that turned up on Taobao is for this new theme, then?

What is this shark you speak of? Do you have pictures, or a link to the Taobao listing?

Wait, what? Scooby Doo?

YES! I'm finally going to have money for other things this year!

Sorry, but I'm out on this one (if it is true)

I smell a potential dethroning of Avatar: The Last Airbender as the worst minifig-centric licensed sets.

Isn't that shark the one from the batsubmarine set? Anyway I see myself buying the van. Just to keep up with all the other iconic vehicles (Ghostbusters, Toy Story RC, the Delorean, the Tumbler).

It makes sense since Lego produce Batman they should also consider Scooby Doo.......there were a few cross-over cartoons back in the 1970's.

I'd much rather have a Lego original theme than yet another license. Hopefully it won't be Scooby Doo but something based on Alexandre Boudon's 'teen Monster-Fighters' designs.

https://www.tumblr.com/search/Alexandre+Boudon

I always felt Monster Fighters could have done with another wave of sets (including Boudon's Spirit/Banshee figure and his Ghost Pirate Ship, plus a Pumpkin-Head character)

Scooby Doo, eh? I was gonna make an Ideas project about a year ago for it. Same with the Flintstones.

You should do one for Flintstones, Scooby Doo would not have passed because how would they do Scooby Doo without new molds.

Isn't that shark the one from the batsubmarine set? Anyway I see myself buying the van. Just to keep up with all the other iconic vehicles (Ghostbusters, Toy Story RC, the Delorean, the Tumbler).

They could have used that shark in the Black Manta Deep Sea Strike (Bat sub) set and that would have been great but sadly we have the pictures and its just a normal shark with a black body and grey head :wacko:.

I have a least the main charters from all the cartons lego have made so far Toy Story, Spongbob, TMNT and Simpsons (Have I forgotten any) so even thuo I am not a big Scooby Doo fan I will pick up one set, I don't have the Ecto-1 but I do like the idea of a car collection so might add it to the buy list.