Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

Notice the outline on the Monsters box. You can clearly see the Scientist's taller head among the group.

But of course those weren't the final product. A few pieces were missing or switched around.

Edited by 8BrickMario

It's an attempt at hype that the leak ruined (because they showed the figs and disappointed people). They've done it for a while now, and it's quite annoying.

Venus Flytrap guy looks like he's looking out of a ... vagina. I love it!

That was my very first thought. The expression of the face makes it even better.

Notice the outline on the Monsters box. You can clearly see the Scientist's taller head among the group.

But of course those weren't the final product. A few pieces were missing or switched around.

Not sure what pic you are referring to because the pic shown on thebrickfan.com link is the same exact outline as the Simpson's 2 box.

Well... I was praying for this series to be a stand alone one and not Series 14. But I think this confirms that's not the case. :sadnew:

It calls my attention that there is no special logo or color scheme for this series, like The LEGO Movie series or The Simpsons series. Being a themed series I was expecting it.

If this series would include only new monsters, I wouldn't care about getting a themed numbered series, but, personally I think this is just a lame excuse to rehash some minifigures like the zombie, the monster, the crazy scientist and the werewolf.

I can't believe what I'm going to say but I think I'm done with the CMF theme. :cry_sad: At least, Castle Fantasy Era is coming back next year. :cry_happy:

We don't know that for sure. That Castle rumor has no confirmation.

Why is it so awful and tragic that this series is numbered? It still takes up the slot of time as a non-numbered series. Would the LEGO Movie series be so awful if it had been Series 12?

Edited by 8BrickMario

We don't know that for sure. That Castle rumor has no confirmation.

Why is it so awful and tragic that this series is numbered? It still takes up the slot of time as a non-numbered series. Would the LEGO Movie series be so awful if it had been Series 12?

Yes, IMO. Because it had some no sense minifigures like the "Where are my Pants?" Guy and the robots. I didn't get those. Series 14 has no sense minifigures like the rocker monster.

Being a completionist, I've bought all minifigures from Series 1 to Series 13, and this series will destroy my collection because I won't spend my money on the "rocker monster" or that awful "crazy scientist.

I prefer to get nothing from this series, rather than get an incomplete series. So, for my record, the CMF theme ended (with dignity) in Series 13.

It's a shame because this "monsters" series was not needed AT ALL.

Edited by Robert8

It's LEGO taking advantage of a serendipitous opportunity: to have a spooky theme (Scooby-Doo) and a monster series of Minifigures running simultaneously in time for Halloween. I'm positive the theme will pick back up after this one. It's not the end of the world, since I'm sure this is testing the waters, and more normal series are to come.

You certainly don't have to get anything you don't like. The completionist attitude is sort of silly if it ends up wasting you money on things you don't like. I gave up completing series a while ago, since I realized there were characters I didn't want or have use for. I like monsters and Halloween enough to want this whole series, however. I'll still get the Rocker Monster, because his stitched brow looks better than clothespins or band-aids, and he'd be great for my monster party scene at the Haunted House. I don't care much for the Skeleton Boy, but I still appreciate his concept. I've chosen to ignore characters like the Mountain Climber or Bumblebee Girl, since I didn't really care about them.

Don't feel tied down by completionism, and don't assume this is the downfall of the CMFs. There will be more assorted series in the future. Honestly, I'd sorta like to gripe about the Simpsons S2, but I'll just wait it out.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I see a lot of disappointment. I am not disappointed even if I will probably have little or no use for this minifigures. It just gives me to think that maybe they are refreshing this theme turning onto themed series, which is good to me, because instead of focusing on 3/4 minifigures per series that I need, I will be able to focus on either zero, or all, depending on how much the theme does appeal me.

As a castle/pirate lover, this theme has very low appeal on me, but maybe I'll grab some extra.

Nevertheless I'm fine with it.

Yes, IMO. Because it had some no sense minifigures like the "Where are my Pants?" Guy and the robots. I didn't get those. Series 14 has no sense minifigures like the rocker monster.

Being a completionist, I've bought all minifigures from Series 1 to Series 13, and this series will destroy my collection because I won't spend my money on the "rocker monster" or that awful "crazy scientist.

I prefer to get nothing from this series, rather than get an incomplete series. So, for my record, the CMF theme ended (with dignity) in Series 13.

It's a shame because this "monsters" series was not needed AT ALL.

You're right. Those monsters and minifigures like the Rocker Monster and that big-brained Mad Scientist are not make any sense, but there's some that are interesting like the Tiger Girl, Purple Witch, Lady Vampire, Skeleton Boy and the three Zombies.

You're right. Those monsters and minifigures like the Rocker Monster and that big-brained Mad Scientist are not make any sense, but there's some that are interesting like the Tiger Girl, Purple Witch, Lady Vampire, Skeleton Boy and the three Zombies.

I'd love to get a rocker monster. He is going to be an important member of the CMF rocker band. I also want the big-brained scientist. In fact, I think it could be the coolest CMF in this series. I have absolutely no interest in things like zombies, whether it be LEGO minifigs, a video game, a movie, anything. Everybody is different in their own special way. :grin:

Edited by m0dulo

It's LEGO taking advantage of a serendipitous opportunity: to have a spooky theme (Scooby-Doo) and a monster series of Minifigures running simultaneously in time for Halloween. I'm positive the theme will pick back up after this one. It's not the end of the world, since I'm sure this is testing the waters, and more normal series are to come.

You certainly don't have to get anything you don't like. The completionist attitude is sort of silly if it ends up wasting you money on things you don't like. I gave up completing series a while ago, since I realized there were characters I didn't want or have use for. I like monsters and Halloween enough to want this whole series, however. I'll still get the Rocker Monster, because his stitched brow looks better than clothespins or band-aids, and he'd be great for my monster party scene at the Haunted House. I don't care much for the Skeleton Boy, but I still appreciate his concept. I've chosen to ignore characters like the Mountain Climber or Bumblebee Girl, since I didn't really care about them.

Don't feel tied down by completionism, and don't assume this is the downfall of the CMFs. There will be more assorted series in the future. Honestly, I'd sorta like to gripe about the Simpsons S2, but I'll just wait it out.

That's my only real problem with any of these themed series, is that they take the place of a regular CMF series. TLM wasn't quite so bad since there was a variety... couple robots, Old West, City, goofy suit, couple main characters, some historical characters, fantasy... not quite the normal mix you'd see in regular CMF, but close. The Monster Series, so far, seems okay. Lots of zombies for variety and some interesting pieces & prints... I'd rather see a Castle/Fantasy themed wave, but who knows, maybe that'll happen later on. A Space wave would also rock... Blacktron, M-Tron, Space Police, a new Classic Space color, Galaxy Squad, etc.

But having the regular mixed-up series is nice, since there's usually something for everyone. Monsters may not quite hit that mark, but there may be something for nearly everyone.

Personally i love this theme. I'm not interested in all figures, but then again i'm never interested to get all figs. I only buy the ones i like or can use. I'm sure when the official pics leak there will be a more positive sound. And more importantly i think kids will love this theme.

Except, uh, for those of us who are interested in it.

Exactly. Heck a purely "City" based theme would bore me as I have no interest in them.

Having said that, I'm mixed on what we've seen so far. I've been missing "Horror" figs in the CMF line since Mr. Good and Evil, and had hoped variants of Monster Fighters who hadn't been part of CMF (i.e. swamp monster and ghost) would join in future waves. I love the idea behind the tiger lady and fly trap man, but hate the fact they're costumes (so far anyway) rather than actual monsters. Granted I could MAYBE turn the fly trap into an actual monster with the right coloured head but I don't know how well it would work. The skeleton and mad scientist look a bit too goofy for my tastes BUT if I were to get them I'd probably modify them with a new head, hair etc. to give them more of a horror vibe. However the rest all look pretty good to amazing (I really like the zombie pirate, vampire lady and werewolf) and I feel would fit in well with my existing CMF monster figs so I will defiantly get them if nothing else.

Overall I was quite interested in this wave, hoping it would be sixteen monsters, some being awesome updates and others being never before seen monsters. I'm not saying what we have is terrible but it certainly didn't quite hit my expectations. Hopefully the more "final" versions and the remaining five could help turn my opinion around.

Edited by pawcanada

Granted I could MAYBE turn the fly trap into an actual monster with the right coloured head but I don't know how well it would work.

Use the toothy maw head from the Atlantis Hammerhead Shark-Man?

Use the toothy maw head from the Atlantis Hammerhead Shark-Man?

That's a brilliant idea, thanks. I'm hoping maybe he'll have a reversible head, like the Galaxy Trooper, one showing a normal face and one that blends in with the costume but if not that sounds like an excellent work around; thanks for the suggestion.

As for the reason why CM 14 is a single theme, maybe Lego got sales data indicating that people tend to complete their CM set if all the figures are related? This could have happened with Simpsons CM 1 and The Lego Movie CM. I see that Lego is discounting CM S12 at 50% so that may indicate that the sales of the traditional non-theme CM is slipping.

Or maybe they thought "Some people only buy the Minifigures from a specific category, like monsters, so why don't we try a series full of monsters and see if it sells?"

Edited by 8BrickMario

Or maybe they thought "Some people only buy the Minifigures from a specific category, like monsters, so why don't we try a series full of monsters and see if it sells?"

Well I'm one of those people.I hope they do the same to other gernes like castle or space.

I would have preferred a Halloween leaning theme to a direct focus. Take Series 11. I thought that was very Christmasy with the Holiday Elf but also the Gingerbread Man, friendly Yeti, and Grandma. Depending on your tradition even the Pretzel Girl would fit. However, there are still variety for other collectors.