bitbang

Lego Memes

I hope there is not a thread for this already but some of these I find quite funny...

Post some more!

funny+lego+meme.jpg

0ce522beb4c463be958ca04ddf1d08b57be104e2e4dad2434db2a65e083d4c1b_1.jpg?w=640

1c800d868e90fa743a1f9630bfcf6fd1a055f2844a8d3ad91fef12064f357532.jpg

I posted the last one because technically, Being a Lego fan or builder costs A LOT more than minecraft...

Minecraft is the poor mans Lego. :tongue:

For me the "stepping on a brick" joke was funny just the first 10 times. When the same joke gets recycled into oblivion, it becomes very old. The memes have spread so widely, that when I mention LEGO to anyone who is not into it, they almost always make some comment / joke about stepping on a brick, even if they have zero experience of actually being in contact with any bricks their whole life, they just repeat stuff they saw on the internet.

For me the "stepping on a brick" joke was funny just the first 10 times. When the same joke gets recycled into oblivion, it becomes very old. The memes have spread so widely, that when I mention LEGO to anyone who is not into it, they almost always make some comment / joke about stepping on a brick, even if they have zero experience of actually being in contact with any bricks their whole life, they just repeat stuff they saw on the internet.

Being someone that stepped on quite a few in my time, and also stepped on tooth picks and glass... I can easily say legos hurt more than those two things. haha But I get what you are saying. A lot of people do this with other things as well.

I can feel that burn here in Manila.

I like minecraft but it is far cheaper to play that game than collect lego sets lol

I like minecraft but it is far cheaper to play that game than collect lego sets lol

What I meant is that pretty sure someone got burned with that meme, and it was so intense there's fallout.

What I meant is that pretty sure someone got burned with that meme, and it was so intense there's fallout.

And yet another feather falls gracefully over my head. haha I swear this happens on forums with me all the time. I miss the main point of something haha

Being someone that stepped on quite a few in my time, and also stepped on tooth picks and glass... I can easily say legos hurt more than those two things. haha But I get what you are saying. A lot of people do this with other things as well.

Well if you live in the UK you have the marvelous three pin electric plugs, with the wire that comes out the bottom. The wires hang neatly when plugged in to the wall, but the flat back means they invariably lie prongs upward when on the floor. Lego is bliss by comparrison....

I find the stepping on a brick meme overdone as well.

I grew up with Legos and just don't remember stepping on a brick as a big deal. So far, with my kids' Legos, it has not been a problem yet. More, step on a brick and "Oh! That's where you got to" (My 3 year old has managed to lose almost every single brick in the pink suitcase, and we can't seem to find them anywhere! Must have a black hole... She's happily using a 1x1 yellow brick for the head of one fig after losing its head)

OTOH we don't have the whole floor covered with bricks as shown in these pictures either. Building piles are contained on sheets that can be picked up, on tables, or in containers.

Edited by Sarah

Well if you live in the UK you have the marvelous three pin electric plugs, with the wire that comes out the bottom. The wires hang neatly when plugged in to the wall, but the flat back means they invariably lie prongs upward when on the floor. Lego is bliss by comparrison....

I have a friend in the UK and you know, he has said the same thing! I have stepped on a plug before but in the US they bend easily so it doesn't hurt nearly as bad.

Prior to sorting into separate containers, I can relate to that one too.

And yes, treading on Lego really hurts, I know. My Dad trod on mine once and was so mad, that he picked up what I was playing with and threw it in the rubbish bin. Mum fished it out and cleaned it for me. It doesn't hurt as much as a nail, but it really does hurt.

I've never really thought the LEGO bricks hurt as bad as everyone says. They're not comfortable, but I don't think that they're as bad as everyone says.

Found these:

10905997_10205894223619790_1486927288601380875_n.jpg?oh=adb232925ced7857aed4be31968dfe72&oe=556A4CC8

936696_10205894224579814_1497263243135396890_n.jpg?oh=8abeb5f27a501346e5bd103ce17633ae&oe=5541AC05&__gda__=1429579965_90b98a0459ebedfd4f4b58cc83994373

(I think this thread should be in the Culture & Multimedia forum)

^ Yea it can be moved but it is general lego discussion so it goes either way. Those are cute. Reminds me of these lego posters I saw at Toys R Us last year.

This is the LEGO version of a pretty famous meme

10892021_10205788833099235_1773738663129095041_n.jpg?oh=33c4be6eb1c0b9cb1b0bea67d8665b6d&oe=5522C034

Edited by Robert8

I've never really thought the LEGO bricks hurt as bad as everyone says. They're not comfortable, but I don't think that they're as bad as everyone says.

Indeed the feet are quite resistant, but it can still hurt if you are not expecting it.

However I remember accidentally putting my knees on bricks when playing, that hurt much more.