I can see it is possible with LDView. You can chose from *.pov, *.stl or *. 3ds file formats.

Yes, you can use LDview to export to some formats.

There is also a Blender plugin to import LDraw files (although it doesn't support mpd files at the moment). From Blender, you can export to a wide variety of other 3d formats.

14 hours ago, zux said:

I can see it is possible with LDView. You can chose from *.pov, *.stl or *. 3ds file formats.

14 hours ago, legolijntje said:

Yes, you can use LDview to export to some formats.

There is also a Blender plugin to import LDraw files (although it doesn't support mpd files at the moment). From Blender, you can export to a wide variety of other 3d formats.

Thank you. I will try that. Thank you.

Any possibility to add windows select ? from left top to right bottom to select only visible part.. and from right bottom to left top select all ?

I ask this cause i made my first train set. but want to put the wagons on the rails without selecting every single part , or unselect

greetings.

4 minutes ago, nnndoh said:

Any possibility to add windows select ?

Region select is available in the upcoming 1.6 version, it will always select everything inside though.

You can also use the source window to select things in bulk or at obstructed places.

1 hour ago, nnndoh said:

does the beta version have this too?

Yes.

If you want you can already play with it using the Alpha version, the only big difference with the upcoming beta is the POV-Ray export I'm currently working on.

http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/nextVer

Use ctrl right click drag for region select.

Edited by roland
forgot to mention the ctrl

I've been accustoming myself to LDCad after having not built and LDraw models in a while. It's been pretty good thus far and I imagine it can only get better as I learn more about it. :classic:

I just had one issue though. For one of my models I removed the docked parts and color bins and used them as windows instead, but now I can't figure out how to "re-dock" them. I kind of imagine there must be something easy that I'm missing, but I do seem to be missing it regardless.

Use 'Ctrl' key to dock bins again... Note that if you want you can lock them in place to prevent accidental undocking (Prefs->GUI->lock docked windows)

I've uploaded a small animation teaser demonstrating the LDCad 1.6 animation / POV-Ray export stuff.

Any feedback is welcome.

Wow, that looks cool! So far I haven't been using the animation/scripting aspects of LDcad very much (well, almost never), but it's still on the planning to have some fun with it. Just didn't have the time yet.
How long did it take to render that little animation?

I did already extensively used the 1.6 mirror feature though: that thing has saved so much time, even though it's not perfect yet. So many thanks for that too :classic:

10 hours ago, legolijntje said:

Wow, that looks cool! So far I haven't been using the animation/scripting aspects of LDcad very much (well, almost never), but it's still on the planning to have some fun with it. Just didn't have the time yet.
How long did it take to render that little animation?

Thanks, this took one hour to render (250 1920x1080 png's) it's not using radiosity though, if needed that could be enabled but animations don't play well with basic radiosity so you would need to use the extremely high quality settings which would slowdown rendering by a factor of 15 or more :)

10 hours ago, legolijntje said:

I did already extensively used the 1.6 mirror feature though: that thing has saved so much time, even though it's not perfect yet. So many thanks for that too :classic:

The mirroring feature needs extra info for some parts (just like part snapping) I'm hoping to add that info for the more common parts in Beta 2 or final 1.6 version.

Is there a way to get rid of the dialog that comes up when I try and copy. I don't remember this happening before but I had to do a reinstall today.

Also when I make a group I do not seem to be able to delete a selection from it.

Any help would be appreciated.

18 hours ago, knotian said:

Is there a way to get rid of the dialog that comes up when I try and copy. I don't remember this happening before but I had to do a reinstall today.

Also when I make a group I do not seem to be able to delete a selection from it.

Any help would be appreciated.

The copy paste dialog only appears when on of the options it shows is set to 'yes' of 'no'. So if you don't want the dialog be sure to answer all items with ether 'always' or 'never'.

In 1.5 groups can't be changed, to remove items you must first ungroup it, then delete and regroup.

In 1.6 offers more options concerning group content.

9 hours ago, Boogs said:

When using Nested mode the camera keeps resetting(When working with springs etc.).

You're right but as far I could see this only happens when the new 'NSR/ASR' option (right top in compass) is set to ASR (green). Disable that to prevent this bug from hampering you. It will be fixed in Beta 2. Thanks for reporting Boogs.

Edited by roland

Question: When pasting a group/selection of pieces, is it possible to keep the copied pin position, to help/speed up things with hinges etc. if it doesn't default to the pivot point you want?

Also a heads up to others, version 1.6 Beta 2a is available at the LDCad homepage, not sure why Roland never announced it.

11 hours ago, Boogs said:

Question: When pasting a group/selection of pieces, is it possible to keep the copied pin position, to help/speed up things with hinges etc. if it doesn't default to the pivot point you want?

Also a heads up to others, version 1.6 Beta 2a is available at the LDCad homepage, not sure why Roland never announced it.

By default the editing pin sits on top of the first ldraw line of the pasted source code. This is why, when you copy a selection, the program sometimes asks if you want to move the first selected part to the top of the to be copied clipboard text.

If you coping inside the same model you could also use ctrl+d which will preserve the main selection item.

Things might work a bit different when groups are in the (nested) selection as that limits some of the internals in certain situations.

You are right I forgot to announce the Beta 2 versions, I only made one on the LDraw.org forum.

21 hours ago, roland said:

I've released the final 1.6 version.

Thanks I will check out the new scripting mechanism :thumbup:

Just checked out 8852, awesome animation, transformers came alive :)

Edited by IstakaCiti

@roland I am facing issues with part snapping in version 1.6. Looks like PS is not taking effect at all, it behaves exactly as Grid snapping. I also verified the same model and same parts in 1.6 Beta 2a and there it works fine. 

Is there anything i need to configure extra in 1.6?

Anyone else observed this?

Edited by IstakaCiti