Sign in to follow this  
captaintau

UMC

I propose a new game... to find the Ultimate Star Wars Minifig.

I've chosen sixty-four of the most interesting SW minfigs. 64 seems a lot, but I've had to elimate a fair few to get down to these. They will be randomly drawn to fight elimination style, so as we get down to 32, then 16,8,4,2,WINNER. I won't do it poll-method. I'll just allow 24 or so hours per "match" and the consensus wins. Note that this is SW minifig, not actual characters. In the list, versions have often been chosen from specific sets for particular reasons. Also several versions of some characters appear. So we could have Luke fight himself, for example

What we do is for each drawn match is debate who we think would or could win.

I think we'll do one thread for EVERY match, not one thread per match or it'll get ridiculous

Loose Rules

- Be imaginative in your decision of victor. This is LEGO after all.

- Don't be too imaginative. If Grand Moff Tarkin fights anyone, don't have him just order the DS2 to blow up whatever planet they're on

- No "well Bill defeated Bob in the film so there's your answer". Almost all SW fights had outside influences. These are "fair" fights. No third person involvement

- Have FUN

If you're in agreement, I'll draw the matches and we'll start the first match tonight. My proposed list follows. Additions are welcome, but its one-in-one-out.

1. Mace Windu(Non-LULS)

2. Temjeel Skreej

3. Gamorrean (Jabba's Sailbarge)

4. Bib Fortuna

5. Jabba (Jabba's Palace)

6. Leia (Jabba's Palace)

7. Imperial Scout Trooper (Ewok Attack)

8. Shock Trooper

9. Jar Jar Binks (Naboo Swamp)

10. Battle Droids (Battle Droid Carrier)

11. Anakin (Anakin's Podracer)

12. Padme (Anakin's Podracer)

13. R2-D2 (Jabba's Sailbarge)

14. Obi Wan Kenobi (Gungan Sub)

15. Jawa

16. GONK Droid

17. Wicket

18. Darth Sidious (Final Duel I)

19. Luke (Final Duel II)

20. Luke (AT-AT)

21. Droideka (Jedi Defence I)

22. Qui Gon Jinn

23. Geonosian Soldier

24. Clone Trooper (AT-TE)

25. Darth Tyranus

26. Yoda (Jedi Duel)

27. Tusken Raider

28. Anakin (Tusken Raider Encounter)

29. Zam Wessell

30. Jango Fett

31. R4-P17 (Delta-7)

32. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Delta-7)

33. "Jedi Jimmy"

34. Super Battle Droid (RGS)

35. Buzz Droid

36. General Grievous

37. Anakin Skywalker (Ultimate Space Battle)

38. Darth Maul (Sith Infiltrator)

39. Jar Jar Binks (Gungan Patrol)

40. Darth Vader (Ultimate Lightsaber Duel)

41. Obi Wan Kenobi (Ultimate Lightsaber Duel)

42. Wookiee Warrior (Wookiee Attack)

43. Yoda (Wookiee Catamaran)

44. Luminara Unduli

45. Chewbacca (Wookiee Catamaran)

46. Mace Windu (LULS)

47. Sand Trooper (Mos Eisley Cantina)

48. Obi Wan Kenobi (Mos Eisley Cantina)

49. Luke Skywalker (Mos Eisley Cantina)

50. Greedo

51. Han Solo (Mos Eisley Cantina)

52. Darth Vader (Imperial Star Destroyer)

53. Grand Moff Tarkin

54. Storm Trooper (Imperial Star Destroyer)

55. Imperial Red Guard (Imperial Star Destroyer)

56. Golden C-3PO

57. Luke (X-Wing on Dagobah)

58. Han Solo (new, system-scale, MF)

59. Leia (new, system-scale, MF)

60. Chewbacca (new, system-scale, MF)

61. Lando (Cloud City)

62. Boba Fett (Cloud City)

63. Dengar

64. Kit Fisto

Nice idea :-)

I really don't have anyone to add or remove, but it's going to be fun to see how this turns out :-)

(and I'll be seriously disappointed if Jar-Jar doesn't get killed in his first fight ;-) (except if his opponent commits suicide because meeting Jar-Jar is so horrible :-P )

Dibs on Kit Fisto! Go Kit go!

KitFisto.jpg

Kit Fisto ON!

Thanks for support so far, guys.

No offence to the three of you, but you are relatively new members. I'd be interested on what longer-term members think too. Is this worth doing?

:-( I didn't think 455 posts was that bad.

:-( I didn't think 455 posts was that bad.

No, it's most certainly not. Shame on you, Tau. :-P Is it inappropriate for me to boo you?

I looks like you need to be more patient. ;-) Please don't put blame on other members or even mention seniority, just kindly ask for more replies. Thanks! :-)

No, it's most certainly not. Shame on you, Tau. :-P Is it inappropriate for me to boo you?

I looks like you need to be more patient. ;-) Please don't put blame on other members or even mention seniority, just kindly ask for more replies. Thanks! :-)

I said "no offence". I just meant if any long-term members (like those that had been around a good while) thought something like "we've done this before" or "seems like the project will last too long to retain interest". Or "actually, we've never done anything like this, go for it!"

Is it inappropriate for me to boo you?

Hey! >:-( >:-( >:-( That's my job. :-D :-D :-D

I think this'd be a great idea, Tau. Although you would have to expect a lot of "Tarkin uses the Death Star to blow up your mama home planet!!" and other such nonsense, especially that controversial Bill and Bob fight in Episode 10. I think it'd be fun to be all encompassing, Timmy vs. Darth Maul. Pippin Reed vs. luminara unduli, Viking king vs. Jar Jar. But, your list of 64 is perfectly awesome.

I think if you set up some ground rules, it could not only be a blast but be around for quite some time. Just curious, what's the difference between one thread per match and one thread for every match. I'm not wrapping my brain around that one...

Great idea! I say go for it! Yo Adrian!

UMC on!

EDIT: OOOOOOH! I have an idea. What if you got a list of members interested in playing UMC and assigned each one a minifig. Then when their turn to fight came, those two members are in charge of posting an actual fight?! You can set up ground rules that actions take place between ** and trash talk takes place between "" and you give them a week to fight and then maybe poll the winner or choose some UMC judges. What do you think?

Well you asked for a longer-term member and here I am :-P

(Joke)

Okee nuff joking

Back to topic,I think it is a great idea

Hinckely39's idea is great but I have a better one 8-| (hehe I feel that I have a boo coming)

Lets all select a two charcters and build a vigenette of them fighting then the winner for the best gets a cool little ice cube tray ;-)

Piranha

(joke)

Well you asked for a longer-term member and here I am :-P

(Joke)

Okee nuff joking

Back to topic,I think it is a great idea

Hinckely39's idea is great but I have a better one 8-| (hehe I feel that I have a boo coming)

Lets all select a two charcters and build a vigenette of them fighting then the winner for the best gets a cool little ice cube tray ;-)

Piranha

(joke)

:-D :-D :-D Nice one Piranha, very clever! Anyway, boo! Boo Piranha! BOOOOOOOO!!!! :-P

Just curious, what's the difference between one thread per match and one thread for every match. I'm not wrapping my brain around that one...

Match 1 = one thread

Match 2 = one thread

vs

One thread for Match 1, then Match 2...

Given that there (at the moment) 64 characters, that means 32 1st round matches = 32 threads if there's one match per thread. No way are we doing that. One (long) thread for all matches

:-D :-D :-D Nice one Piranha, very clever! Anyway, boo! Boo Piranha! BOOOOOOOO!!!! :-P

Why um thank you :-$

I learned from the best ;-) :-P :-D

Piranha

(pretty big boo there,hehe its all in my plan to use reverse Psychology on you to get an even bigger boo)

I think this sounds pretty fun. I would probably be interested in participating if you carry on with it. :-)

I think this sounds pretty fun. I would probably be interested in participating if you carry on with it. :-)

OK, here's what I'll do. Tonight when I get in from TKD class, I'll post the draw for round 1. Then I'll present the first match. We have roughly 24 hours to debate a winner. Tomorrow night, I'll hail a winner and declare the second match. And so on. If we get little interest I'll stop it. Hopefully interest will pick up.

Remember the principles: fun and imaginative.