The new ring works with all old pieces. It's the old ring that doesn't work with some new ones - with the red clutch gear, to be specific.

Sariel...do you know if the new transmission driving ring works with the double geared differential?

The 3M driving ring does work with all old parts (z16 gear, extender and the differential with similar clutch geometry).

The new gear wheel does not work with the old 2M driving ring.

Erland

Part Design

I must have missed it. Did the red track inserts actually come with the set?

Just want to poitn out a few parts from the 2015 sets of interest, it should be noted that 42041 will differ slightly from the original 8041. The wheel hubs are the new 6 spoke varient and the engine blocks are the newer 2850b without side slot.

The Blue mudgard used as a seat is quite rare: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=61070&colorID=7&in=A

Actually 8494 has a very interesting part list. 42038 is rather interesting as it has Dark Bluish Gray suspension arms which havent been seen since 2011 and 8070: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=2739b&colorID=85&in=A

Not that anyone was holding their breath waiting for this one ;) but here's the 42041 B-model:

It looks like an Aston Vantage V8, but with an American treatment in terms of boosting power.

At least this model proves that stuff on top of the bonnet won't hamper visibility.

Not that anyone was holding their breath waiting for this one ;) but here's the 42041 B-model:

I think you are right, the B model is superior to the main model!....its the reason why i will buy two of this set.

Sariel....am i correct in saying the cranshaft used in 42041 is Tan in colour, as opposed to the original 8041 which had Dark Blush Gray?

Also....would it be possible to swap the Black panels used in this set with Red?...i'd like to see what the car looks like with Red panels :-)

Hi, Sariel

I tried building 42035 using your review video yesterday and I noticed that the instruction might have

some error on the upper struct of the dumper. You built according to the instruction at first and then I think you changed the building.

Am I right about this?

Interesting, I own 2 of the 8041 models. One came with 3 pin hole rims and the other one came with the 6 hole rims. Both were new sealed sets.

Sariel....am i correct in saying the cranshaft used in 42041 is Tan in colour, as opposed to the original 8041 which had Dark Blush Gray?

Yes sir, you are.

Also....would it be possible to swap the Black panels used in this set with Red?...i'd like to see what the car looks like with Red panels :-)

I took it apart already, sorry.

I tried building 42035 using your review video yesterday and I noticed that the instruction might have

some error on the upper struct of the dumper. You built according to the instruction at first and then I think you changed the building.

I don't recall any errors in the instruction. It's quite possible I did some mistake while building and simply fixed it on the go.

Sorry if it's been bought up on a previous thread but is there any official date for release of the 2015 technic sets? When can we also expect to see the 2H2015 models? :)

I don't recall any errors in the instruction. It's quite possible I did some mistake while building and simply fixed it on the go.

I watched the video another time and yes, you are right, the instruction is right and you made a mistake between 3'00" and 3'10"", :laugh:

Anyway, thanks again for all your great videos! :thumbup:

Do you thinking about shining wheels, or cylinders?

Like this:

chrome.jpg_thumb.jpg

2850.jpg_thumb.jpg

You can find interesting items at:

Edited by Pandora
Link removed

Wow, someone got a banhamer HARD. Anyways we know TLG does almost zero real chrome stuff because its too expensive and fragile.

So, news yet as to when we'll see the 1H sets on the shelves? Yes, I'm thinking of getting the snow vehicle and the LeMans green car.

Jan 10th 2015 for The Netherlands (that's what I saw at a webshop).

Probably Jan 2016 for the US :wink::laugh:

Thank you Jim ... as long as we don't see a remake of last year's ... i.e., having to wait until June ...

I wish they released them a bit sooner ... got 2 weeks off during the holidays and could spent some serious lego time with the kids (hence, other thread I started)

So, news yet as to when we'll see the 1H sets on the shelves? Yes, I'm thinking of getting the snow vehicle and the LeMans green car.

I just spotted the arctic vehicle on Toys'R'Us Switzerland. It's ready for pre-order (what I will most probably do) and due to ship on Dec. 17th. Hope they can keep their promise and I'll have something great to build over the holidays.

Using Sariel's review videos, built 42031-----42037, of course, had lots of compromises.

1024_20141210_225527_a.jpg

I tried to reproduce Sariel's pic below:dsc02067.jpg

Added some other sets:

1024_20141210_225729.jpg