Also, and that one made me laugh, there is a new piece in the orange tracked vehicle. It's 1x1x1 stud and consists of a pin hole, nothing else. I guess it can be considered a 1L beam, looks hilarious :D

Since this new driving ring is 3L, that eliminates the need for the change over catch to be 1/2 a stud offset then right..?

Makes perfect sense why they would change that...

Getting the 1/2 stud offset in the middle can be a pain in the butt sometimes...

Also, and that one made me laugh, there is a new piece in the orange tracked vehicle. It's 1x1x1 stud and consists of a pin hole, nothing else. I guess it can be considered a 1L beam, looks hilarious :D

Like 1/2 of a 2L pin connector..?

I think there is one of these in one of the upcoming agents sets as well...

XMMERGW.jpg

The sets vary in size greatly, but I should be able to handle at least 4 per week. Is it fine with you if I put them here gradually as they go live?

4 per week!? Reviews of your kind?? Wow, I'm guessing either you took a few days off at the office, days are longer in Poland (I'm thinkin at least 33,5 hours/day) or you're not from our solar system ;-)

I am humbly waiting since the day all for 2h2014 was revealed. Getting it all so soon...thank you man!

Oh and about that gearbox, I feared they will lure as in on that ugly duckling with something :-)

Sounds a lot like the old crank handle they used circa 2004. It would be really nice if they would go back to using cranks for manual functions instead of the now ubiquitous black 12 tooth double bevel gear.

Sounds a lot like the old crank handle they used circa 2004. It would be really nice if they would go back to using cranks for manual functions instead of the now ubiquitous black 12 tooth double bevel gear.

But, it could be argued that using those gears is much less intrusive, and has less of an issue with the looks of the model.

Also, I seem to recall there being a part like this new 1l liftarm, a crank handle piece that was only used in Technic sets in 1995, for only that year, and then in some Exo-Force sets later. I've actually got some of those parts, they are almost, but not quite 1 stud long, and are a really odd shape.

I forget which one, but that piece was spotted in at least one other set from this wave, and one of this year's Ultra Agents sets.

Sariel, when you add the videos, can you put them all in the first post so we don't have to page through all over the place to find them?

Thanks in advance!

But, it could be argued that using those gears is much less intrusive, and has less of an issue with the looks of the model.

I agree for things like HOG steering, but for driving linear actuators using a gear as an input is terrible.

Also, I seem to recall there being a part like this new 1l liftarm, a crank handle piece that was only used in Technic sets in 1995, for only that year, and then in some Exo-Force sets later. I've actually got some of those parts, they are almost, but not quite 1 stud long, and are a really odd shape.

That's the part I was remembering.

I agree for things like HOG steering, but for driving linear actuators using a gear as an input is terrible.

I don't mean to divert the topic too much, but I don't think that linear actuators should be included in non motorized models.

And something I was not expecting. The green is not green... it is bright green! A first in Technic.

Yes, I also got the sets today. :wink:

And something I was not expecting. The green is not green... it is bright green! A first in Technic.

Yes, I also got the sets today. :wink:

its not the same green as the tow truck 42008?

No! That in 42008 was the "normal" green.

The green in 42039 is brighter.

Like Hulk, Ninja Turtles and Carla Veloso

Carla.png

Edited by rm8

Changing the gearbox elements seems to be a pretty big change. I wonder it the current system will be discontinued making so many MOCs, even the most recent and modern ones outdated.

Sariel, when you add the videos, can you put them all in the first post so we don't have to page through all over the place to find them?

Good idea!

Changing the gearbox elements seems to be a pretty big change. I wonder it the current system will be discontinued making so many MOCs, even the most recent and modern ones outdated.

I think the change is only to make the simple gearbox changing mechanism more practical...

I would have been more excited if the annoucement was a 24t, 20t, or a 12t clutch gear...

I already have a great idea for this new double sided clutch gear... This new driving ring is going to make transmissions so much easier to do...

Edited by Paul Boratko

does the new clutch gear appear in more than one set or only in a special case?

It seems to appear in every set with a gearbox. The orange tracked vehicle too, for example.

This bright green is not good news. I was hoping we could combine more sets to get more of the same colour. Now we get blue and medium blue, green and bright green. It's going to be harder to collect decent amount of the same colour for MOCs.

Unless they stick to it and the rest of the sets in the future will use bright green instead of regular green too :)

Looking forward to a review and opinions on the new gear shifting function.

Erland

Part Design

I just got confirmation that I'm not allowed to publish reviews before December 1st. Sorry guys. Two more weeks.

So do I, guys.

This was not made clear upfront this time.

Was just about to announce the first Live Build today. This has to be postponed now.