Sign in to follow this  
Kumpelkante

Venetian plague doctor and a knight in gothic armor

hey guys,

these are my first attempts at customising (at least since my dark age)

The fist one is a venetian plague doctor:

15110701784_abdb1717b9_n.jpg

Plague doctor von tobiasgeserick auf Flickr

15545219808_7c74e2b609_n.jpg

Plague doctor von tobiasgeserick auf Flickr

From Wikipedia: In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, some doctors wore a beak-like mask which was filled with aromatic items. The masks were designed to protect them from putrid air, which (according to the miasmatic theory of disease) was seen as the cause of infection. Thus:

The nose half a foot long, shaped like a beak, filled with perfume with only two holes, one on each side near the nostrils, but that can suffice to breathe and to carry along with the air one breathes the impression of the drugs enclosed further along in the beak. Under the coat we wear boots made in Moroccan leather (goat leather) from the front of the breeches in smooth skin that are attached to said boots and a short-sleeved blouse in smooth skin, the bottom of which is tucked into the breeches. The hat and gloves are also made of the same skin… with spectacles over the eyes.

The other one is a knight in gothic armor. The sallet is one of my favorite medivial helmets. too bad TLC wont make a mold for that one. (playmobil has at least since the early 90s)

15730667895_d8004e0660_n.jpg

ritter1 von tobiasgeserick auf Flickr

One last thing: These are my first attempts at customising since my dark age. I am not satisfied with the knight, so feel free to post some constructive critisism.

The doctor on the other hand will be entered into the colossal castle contest. Should i enter the knight too?

Edited by Kumpelkante

The Doc is great, the knight on other hand.... very bad, the helmet is a unidentified gold and silver mess, the sabattons are ok, (although a little too big) but the pauldrons need more work. I understand, that Doctor uses incense burner to clean the Putrid Air, but what is that stick supposed to be? And yes, you may enter the knight, but without that god-awful helmet.

Edited by Eggyslav