Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Ch. III Category A: A Young Spy

Here's my Category A entry for the Men's side.

Glorfindel needed definite proof that the dwarves were planning to march into Avalonia, and he needed details about their plans. Already he had been brought messages confirming that the dwarves were readying for war, but he still needed specific information about when, where, and which of the dwarven clans would move out.

To gain this information he turned to Jonathan, a trustworthy boy who served as a page under Glorfindel's command.

Jonathan disguised himself as a dwarve and then infiltrated some of their meetings:

overview.JPG

second.JPG

first.JPG

Then he reported back to Glorfindel:

top.JPG

C&C welcome :classic:

The ice skate usage is some serious NPU!

All the studs and angles in the rock really make it look like it was attacked by a bunch of short short-tempered guys with pickaxes.

Great build SK! Love the rubble on the floor, and the dwarve's weapons are great! :sweet::thumbup:

Very nice idea to have a kid infiltrate the dwarves! Love the multi-level caves, top level, and rockwork!

Very nice build, SK!

I really like the multi-layered design of this build and the idea of using a disguised boy to infiltrate the dwarves! The dwarves (and boy) around the map are well posed. The foliage on the top is nice ground cover. The store of arms is very nice as well. I recognize those poleaxes :classic: very nice! I also agree that the use of the ice skate is great as well. The SNOT rocks look very realistic for a natural cave.

Brick on, SK!

Great idea and great execution and great rockwork! But what the heck is a "dwarve"?

Really cool, the different layer of ground look great! I was wondering if those ice skates might be useful for something like that... Now I know! :thumbup:

A really nice entry and a clever way to infiltrate the meeting of the dwarfs.

The rockwork in this build looks great, there are some nice textures and curves.

great snot rockwork, it looks awesome! The different layers all look really good, and the transition from each layer is very well done. I also really like the weapon with the ice skate!

Excellent job on the rockwork, and the lush landscaping on top is great as well (though there isn't a whole lot of depth of soil!). The boy grinning out of the corner of his beard really steals the show though! :thumbup:

Great build, SK, having a boy spy was an excellent idea :wink:

Nice job with the caves and dwarf activity as well!

...All the studs and angles in the rock really make it look like it was attacked by a bunch of short short-tempered guys with pickaxes.

:laugh:

The ice skate usage is some serious NPU!

All the studs and angles in the rock really make it look like it was attacked by a bunch of short short-tempered guys with pickaxes.

Thanks mrcp6d, I saw the ice skate axe on CC a while ago :classic:

Nice entry :) I like the snot work for the rocks at the cut aways, and the scene inside :)

Thank you :classic:

Great build SK! Love the rubble on the floor, and the dwarve's weapons are great! :sweet::thumbup:

Thanks Infernum!

Very nice!

Thanks Graham :classic:

Great! I like the choppy rocks and the multilayer approach.

Thanks Carson :classic:

Very nice! Like the three layers, they look fantastic!

Thanks Alfadas :classic:

Very nice idea to have a kid infiltrate the dwarves! Love the multi-level caves, top level, and rockwork!

Thanks Jorrith, glad you like the kid-spy :classic:

Love the multi-levels- great way to use the space! Nice build!

Thanks LV, I wanted to fit a fair bit into this 16x16 build, so more stories made that a lot easier :classic:

Great work. Each layer is just fantastic!

Thanks!

Very nice build, SK!

I really like the multi-layered design of this build and the idea of using a disguised boy to infiltrate the dwarves! The dwarves (and boy) around the map are well posed. The foliage on the top is nice ground cover. The store of arms is very nice as well. I recognize those poleaxes :classic: very nice! I also agree that the use of the ice skate is great as well. The SNOT rocks look very realistic for a natural cave.

Brick on, SK!

Thanks Slegengr!

Great idea and great execution and great rockwork! But what the heck is a "dwarve"?

Thanks mccoyed, and I'm guessing it's similar to dwarf, but different :laugh:

Really cool, the different layer of ground look great! I was wondering if those ice skates might be useful for something like that... Now I know! :thumbup:

Thanks Hammerhand :classic:

A really nice entry and a clever way to infiltrate the meeting of the dwarfs.

The rockwork in this build looks great, there are some nice textures and curves.

Thanks Wat!

great snot rockwork, it looks awesome! The different layers all look really good, and the transition from each layer is very well done. I also really like the weapon with the ice skate!

Thank you :classic:

Excellent job on the rockwork, and the lush landscaping on top is great as well (though there isn't a whole lot of depth of soil!). The boy grinning out of the corner of his beard really steals the show though! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai, and I'm glad you noticed that grin :laugh:

Great build, SK, having a boy spy was an excellent idea :wink:

Nice job with the caves and dwarf activity as well!

Thanks Garmadon!

Another brilliantly done SK build! I really enjoy the dense landscaping and the SNOT-ed rockwork of the caves.

Amazing work Isaac, the rockwork really takes the cake! I love how you still detail the sides of the creation with the logs, it really makes it look realistic and nice. :) The NPU of using the ice-skates is topnotch! Great landscaping work as well!

Fantastic build!

The only thing i don't like are some of those beards, there's just too many santas and one of them is smiling even while wearing a beard... maybe these are just fake, and in such case is would be fun, but otherwise i would change some faces or kick some of those beards out

Hahah :laugh: So it was a joke afterall :blush:

Sorry, i looked only at Your pictures without reading an introduction first :blush: And so wanted to admit that You've got me :thumbup:

Ok now i love absolutely everything about it. :thumbup:

Great story :sweet:

Gosh, can't believe I've missed some of these fantastic challenge builds for so long! SK, again you show your mastery at setting up a realistic and engaging scene. The rockwork and various tiers are very well done. The armory looks great, a lot of steel for the upcoming battles!

Some early entreis that have surfaced again. Lucky for us who missed it the first time! This moc is really great SK! The different levels and colours on each level is very nice! Great minifigs as always!