LegoFjotten

MEC Category C: Erebor

After a long journey Bilbo reaches the Lonely Mountain...

15669852081_4636d2441d_z.jpg

Based on the scene in this wallpaper:

the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-latest-hd-wallpaper-2013.jpg

I added a bit more color to make it less bleak. Couldn't get the forced perspective to work quite like I wanted in this size, but hey, at least I will be qualified for the raffle! :grin:

Totally brilliant. I love the mixed scales - makes it look really epic. Even though it's pretty simple and there's not really a lot going on, this is probably my favourite cat C entry so far. Great work.

That Vignette is much better than you pretend. Especially the mixed scale make this creation stand out of the huge number of entries. And you put some cool Details an building techniques in here to create a tough entry. In my opinion the SNOT-landscape in the ground was not the best idea because it is too flat and shiny for representing a natual Environment. Still a really strong entry with good chances, good luck !

Btw that Boba helmet is looking so cool, ENVY !!!

This vignette is really well built, maybe the forced-perspective didn't work out like you wanted it but it still looks great.

The SNOT landscape does also look great and the waterfall is a nice little detail.

The Bilbo minifig is also quite nice, is it from the new set with Smaug or from that collector's edition BR/DVD?

Maybe you could have added some snow (white bricks) to the peak of the mountain but besides that it's a lovely creation, one of the best of category C! :thumbup:

Edited by Wat Tambor

Thanks for all the comments! Glad you all like it!

That Vignette is much better than you pretend. Especially the mixed scale make this creation stand out of the huge number of entries. And you put some cool Details an building techniques in here to create a tough entry. In my opinion the SNOT-landscape in the ground was not the best idea because it is too flat and shiny for representing a natual Environment. Still a really strong entry with good chances, good luck !

Thank Disco! I might be a bit too critical with my own builds, nice words from someone as skilled as you are certainly most welcome!

Maybe I will do some adjustments this weekend with the extended deadline and all.

The Bilbo minifig is also quite nice, is it from the new set with Smaug or from that collector's edition BR/DVD?

Maybe you could have added some snow (white bricks) to the peak of the mountain but besides that it's a lovely creation, one of the best of category C! :thumbup:

The Bilbo fig is from the new Smaug set, very nice print. I will consider adding some snow to spice up the build.