Bob De Quatre

AG - Octan Corporation Meeting Room

To clarify the scoring calendar, a week starts on friday 09:00 GMT and ends on the next friday 09:00 GMT, scores for the week are posted on the next monday 09:00 GMT (the time may vary as I'll do that at work :wink: ).

If someone were to post a build on H04 this week, before 0900 GMT Friday, and (obviously) before points are awarded to dominate H05 on Monday, would their build be allowed and counted for this week?

If someone were to post a build on H04 this week, before 0900 GMT Friday, and (obviously) before points are awarded to dominate H05 on Monday, would their build be allowed and counted for this week?

Yes, everything posted from friday to friday 09:00 GMT will be scored for the next monday.

Actually, I believe that would be an illegal build as H05 has not been officially dominated yet.

Actually, I believe that would be an illegal build as H05 has not been officially dominated yet.

You're right, I missreaded the planet number. So no you can"t build on H04 on friday, you'll have to wait till monday to see if you gained control on H05.

You're right, I missreaded the planet number. So no you can"t build on H04 on friday, you'll have to wait till monday to see if you gained control on H05.

Thanks for clarifying

Say we get 28 domination points on H05 once all points for the previous week are tallied, and then 2 more people build on it. Can we then start building on I06 or H04 by assuming a minimum of 30 domination points have been earned?

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Doubt that.

Domination points are awarded on weekly basis.

Fair enough, that also wouldn't be taking into consideration the possibility of an alien build taking place that week as well. Wouldn't want to cheat the system too bad.

I'm certain the aliens are watching and will take advantage of the factions that have greater wealth and influence in Andromeda. Our special forces should stay on high alert given our recent progress.

All hail Lord Business.

I think focusing on one planet at a time will give us quicker results, but we should probably keep a secondary objective in mind so we don't waste builds once a planet is dominated. For now until 0900 Friday, I think we need one or two more builds on H05, then post for H07. No builds should be posted between Friday's deadline and Monday's results because that'll be included in the new week and those builds should focus on the next stage of planets. After we are awarded H05, we can start posting for H04 or I06. Does that make sense? I hope I'm not coming off as bossy; just trying to make sure everybody is on the same page.

Also, just a suggestion, to help keep track of our progress, would everybody please add the planet sector code and "Octan" in their tags so they're easier to find.

Signing up as a Pilot just as soon as my figure parts (in the post) arrive! Got some plans for plenty of Spaceshiiiiiiiips to dominate the space-lanes :thumbup:

Sorry to bother you guys but I work here at lord business as an explorer. However, I meant to type pilot; I got the two confused. If a Moderator could please change my job title if possible.

p.s. I have already made a similar post in the discussion topic but I believe a mod has not seen it due to the number of posts in that topic.

Well said, goatman461. Totally agree.

As for the tags, let's think of something else than Octan, as this tags shows lots of other things as well.

"OctanCorp", maybe?

The only thing that worries me here is the location choice. Do we have rocks on H05? In case there'll be enough Octan researches on Livgorn by Thursday, I'd consider changing the sector.

If we can switch planets before judging, H07 would be perfect for this. Also, if all 12 remaining builders can get an entry for H07 in by this week's deadline, we'd be in a really good position on Monday. I've got a map sketched out with what I think is a good 5 week strategy but I really don't want to post it here. I'm sure Bob is busy, so are there any other Octan employees able to set up a group PM? If so, here's a list of our members so far... bob de quatre boxerlego chewbacca2503 comrade commander dannylonglegs epic technic garmadon goatman461 headbrick horsleben jody meyer kai nrg lord vladivus mediumsnowman mrfuture msx80 pombe shmails space terrapin wicknole zaael

Too risky to disperse during the first week, I'd say. But so tempting.

Agreed. I got halfway finished with a piece I was working on for G07 before I realized the majority of builders were headed to H05... and also that G07 wasn't a very strategic position.

Yeah, but H05 is a great target. As many points as we can get there before Friday (Thursday for me), the better. If we can "Dominate" it in this wave, then we'd be off to a really great start!

Also, OctanCorp is a nice tag!

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I'ml sorry for not really taking part of all the strategic discussions, but I have so much to do for that first week. But you guys do this greatly! And maybe soon one of you will take my place as CEO :classic:

Sorry to bother you guys but I work here at lord business as an explorer. However, I meant to type pilot; I got the two confused. If a Moderator could please change my job title if possible.

p.s. I have already made a similar post in the discussion topic but I believe a mod has not seen it due to the number of posts in that topic.

I've seen it, just didn't updated the players index, but the mastermind software was aware of your job change :wink:

I'ml sorry for not really taking part of all the strategic discussions, but I have so much to do for that first week. But you guys do this greatly! And maybe soon one of you will take my place as CEO :classic:

N-nnnnnn-noooo-oooo-ooo!

The main activity of the CEO should be to chose the best opportunity presented. And you do this perfectly.

Edited by WickNole

N-nnnnnn-noooo-oooo-ooo!

The main activity of the CEO should be to chose the best opportunity presented. And you do this perfectly.

Agreed! All hail Bob! The mightiest CEO!

Ps: You're doing a wonderful job moderating the game!

As for the tech tree - the first six technologies with bonuses are the following (all of them require
three nodes
):

- Ground Tactics - 3.300 awesomnuim / 800 or 900 water / 800 or 900 biomass = extra domination point for corporation (+1) when building a vehicle + further
military
development (later - Mithril dependancy)

- Naturalist's Training - 3.300 awesomnuim / 800 or 900 water/ 800 or 900 biomass = extra resource for corporation (+10) when building an exploration action + way to Alien communication and more resources (later - Gold dependancy)

- Awesomnuim foundry - 3.300 awesomnuim / 800 or 900 water/ 800 or 900 biomass = extra resource for corporation (+10) when building a civil building + way to more bonuses on vehicles (later - Copper dependancy)

- Battlefield research - 3.300 awesomnuim / 800 or 900 water/ 800 or 900 biomass = extra resource for corporation (+10) when building a military building

- Prospecting - 3.300 awesomnuim / 800 or 900 water/ 800 or 900 biomass = extra resource for corporation (+10) when gaining any resource

- Spaceship Mastery - 3.300 awesomnuim / 800 or 900 water/ 800 or 900 biomass = extra domination point for corporation (+1) when building a spaceship

I'd rather go towards foundry first... but this needs more discussion. Let's see how the first week goes.

All TierOne technologies require 1.000+100+100 resources, therefore need constant inflow of Awesomnium anyway.

I propose to the board that we pursue "Prospecting" path.

As a profit based corporation, it likely the one option that gives us the most profit since there are no limits to our personel's training. Everyone from our brilliant scientists to rough spec ops can help contribute.

This extra tidy profit can then be used to invest in other technology!

Finally, I suggest we research the scientific outposts first in order to help scientists like myself research on distant planets with greater ease... (also I built one already and can have it on standy)

Dear Octan Corporation,

I'm sending this message in reply to your position as a pilot at your esteemed organisation.

I've also included a picture of myself, for recognition purposes.

17870686445_48a0674b26_t.jpg

Wait... Did someone turn off the lights? ... Guys, this isn't funny!

Edited by DarkDruid

Transfer of credits is also possible, according to the rules. :wink:

That's right, we could pay bob to be CEO, like any sensible corporation.