Disco86

MEC Category B: White Tree of Gondor

This is my entry to the "The Age of Men" catgory. I always wanted to build the white tree, and as it is a great metaphor for Gondor growing to old strength again, I have chossen this for the category.

When Aragorn became king after the war, he planted a sapling of the white tree on the court of the fountain. The years gone by and as Aragorn's children were growing, the tree also rised up to the sky, to show that Gondor was wealthy and strong again.

15024964084_d32d767e97_b.jpg

15645720485_da061aa9a6_b.jpg

Thanks for hosting this great contest, I love everything from Middleearth. And good luck to the other contestants !

Thanks for your Feedback !

I first thought about putting some guards in that buil, but it possibly could have detroyed the peaceful mood I wanted to create.

Some People on flickr were not happy abut my tree design and there are not that many comments in here, so maybe I have to build another entry for that category. Could be rushed, because I got no time this Weekend

:sceptic:

Let those people grumble about the tree design, I think it looks great. It's something completely different than all those trees with leaves we see every day.

Maybe the tree looks a bit simple and clean but considering how many people faved the photo it seems like there are also quite some people who like that design.

I really like this creation it fits perfectly for the category because it's quite a peacful scene and also a great combo of Galadriel and Arwen parts (my favorite two LotR minifigs :wub: ).

Nonetheless a second entry for that category would be great. I am a big fan of your Middle Earth creations and I really can't get enough of them. :blush:

I like how well depicted is the scene. It is pleasant to see something of the 4th age.

The tree is also out of the common, has a technique that will try to in the future.

Well done. Good luck. :thumbup:

Nice MOC. :)

If it was brick built I could add that White Tree to the Guide to Tree building.

But as it is a computer generated image, the actual Tree might not be possible, due to the weight of the Lego.

If it was brick built I could add that White Tree to the Guide to Tree building.

But as it is a computer generated image, the actual Tree might not be possible, due to the weight of the Lego.

That's a computer generated image? :wacko:

I think, no I know, that this is brick build you can clearly see that. The only thing Disco did was editing a blue background with Photoshop or some other software.

Huge thanks for your feedback ! I had great fun building for this contest, especially vecause of yll your comments !

Let those people grumble about the tree design, I think it looks great. It's something completely different than all those trees with leaves we see every day.

Maybe you are right, thanks for your kind words, hopefully enough people think like you, when it comes to the voting :wink:

I had no idea regular plates could be used to this great effect.

Thanks, I got inspiration by the tree down here. It was surpisingly effective, even if I did not angle anything. Maybe I gone try this with angles sometimes.

15457263426_e68c8e01f0_n.jpg

Apple Tree von retinence auf Flickr

Most hilarious comment ever. A tree out of real bricks for sure could never stand that weight...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The fact it looks like CGI is a testament to its finesse.

Maybe I should interpret the comment above this way...