Sign in to follow this  
Apache

Pirate Skirmish MOC

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 4d

"Defending Sabre Island"

battle2.jpg

I'm 29 and am in the process of selling alot of what I own, because I frankly have too much junk. So I got out the storage bin of old legos and laid them out to take pictures to sell on Ebay and then it happened. I forgot about the bills, the car troubles, the heat, and felt like a kid again. So now I'm back in the lego craze, and here is the picture I took for fun instead of the ebay one. Hope it works.... 8-

Edited by SlyOwl

Thanks SW. I tried to attach it, so had to put it into photobucket. Is there a way to upload photos from the computer right to the site, or do you have to have the image online?

You can upload to this site from your computer. When you go to post, under the text box you type in, you should see a "File Attachments" box. Browse for the file you're looking for (or type the path in directly if you know it), and upload. If it isn't working, most likely the file is too large.

The easiest, and most common way people upload is by linking to a site, such as photobucket. Remember to use a deeplink or it won't work! Rather than photobucket, most people set up a Brickshelf account, but it's really all up to you.

Hope that helps!

Great moc. It reminds me of a battle in history where some pirates attacked and took over a spanish town.

The battle lasted 3 days. The pirates eventually won. Then they put all the townpeople in the church and burned it down. Quit a horrendous story. I hope Sabre Island turns out better.

Great moc. It reminds me of a battle in history where some pirates attacked and took over a spanish town.

The battle lasted 3 days. The pirates eventually won. Then they put all the townpeople in the church and burned it down. Quit a horrendous story. I hope Sabre Island turns out better.

I beleive that was Sir Henry Morgan and the sacking of Panama. I actully wento to Panama and saw the remains of the old city. If I am thinking of the right battle, I got to stand in the Cathedral where it happened. The weird thing is: People have weddings on the remains of a church where the citizens of Panama died... I would have gone to the Spanish Garrison there and take pictures of it for our dear Mr.Phes, but alas, the Pirates burned it to the ground, and then desyroyed all the stones so the Spanish couldn't rebuild it later.

Edited by Norrington

I'm 29 and am in the process of selling alot of what I own, because I frankly have too much junk. So I got out the storage bin of old legos and laid them out to take pictures to sell on Ebay and then it happened. I forgot about the bills, the car troubles, the heat, and felt like a kid again. So now I'm back in the lego craze, and here is the picture I took for fun instead of the ebay one. Hope it works.... 8-

Zouave, thanks for the compliment. I have more castle and want to get into WW, but will always have a place in my heart for the imperial soldiers defending against the pirate hordes :)

i remember when i found LEGO again, it was actually in my dreams. literally, night after night i kept having dreams that i would go into target or TRU and there would tons of vintage pirate and western sets in stock... but not only in-stock, but on sale !!!

i put up with it for a while, but in the end, i realized my subconscious was telling me something. and there was some creativity buried deep within, that i needed to release.

- BM

I havn't had any dreams about lego, but I have been falling asleep thinking about sets, minifigs, customization... Great story and even greater WW mocs.

Who's winning? The imperials or the pirates?

Good to have you here Apache!

And I'm glad you rediscovered Lego.