Sign in to follow this  
Martin_B

An unexpected PotC minifig acquisition

I'm not sure which forum this topic belongs in, but the 'licenced' section sprung to mind first.

I spotted this fellow literally lying in the street - he'd either fallen out of a bag/box on the way to a nearby charity shop, or was dropped by some local kid who happened to be passing by. I checked Bricklink because he looked sort-of familiar, and it turns out that the head doesn't match the rest...excuse the blurriness:

B0uY-FWCAAADPDl.jpg

I'm a little unsure how to feel about this. What if his original owner is upset about losing him, especially if it's a PotC-obsessed child? I couldn't see anyone around, sadly (it was a quiet bit of town off the high street, close to 5pm), and a minifig just lying in the street would only get rained on and/or broken. He's a cool-looking design, although I'm not a collector of PotC (or any other licenced stuff, really). Fortunately, I do have a few 'classic'-era Pirates sets, so he can always be press-ganged into old Redbeard's crew aboard the BSB! :laugh:

So yeah. If anyone in the North Yorkshire region is missing a Jack Sparrow with Jake Raines' head and wants him back, he's safe and well!

I actually took one of my extras and sharpied his head and chest and swapped hands. It's amazing how easy it is to turn licensed skin tone into official looking yellow skin. If only it was easy to "bleach" them to licensed skin tone.