1 hour ago, Lipko said:

Would you share some details about the bug? Just for us bug-report-loving amateur programmers.

Ads combined with Ajax calls. Apparently there are issues with Ajax calls, when the board is using external Ads. This resulted in a broken response, hence the grey screen hanging.

I must admit that the solution was very simple...turning Ajax responses off. We could have solved this issue much earlier, but we were looking in the performance section, instead of the config section.

Anyway, we can continue the dribking booooze discudion ..  now ... hick...

A big thanks from me too for fixing the loading error :thumbup: 

What would be do without our dedicated admins and mods :sweet: 

6 hours ago, Jim said:

I must admit that the solution was very simple...turning Ajax responses off. We could have solved this issue much earlier, but we were looking in the performance section, instead of the config section

Well done indeed! Cheers to the skill and persistence of the team.  Honestly I was not really expecting that it would ever be solved. Very happy to be wrong!

Kinda random, but I just noticed that Star Wars set 75172 comes with an LBG 11L axle. I think that's a lot better than only the yellow we've had so far. :classic:

On the topic of axles:

Is there any set since 2011 that have been released featuring black 5L axles? While building this week I found myself having two of those.
I can't however remember seeing 5L axles in black since TLG started color coding parts and the 5L became LBG.

I know for sure I haven't gotten these from BrickLink, since I get enough of the shorter axles from the sets I buy.

13 hours ago, Error404 said:

On the topic of axles:

Is there any set since 2011 that have been released featuring black 5L axles? While building this week I found myself having two of those.
I can't however remember seeing 5L axles in black since TLG started color coding parts and the 5L became LBG.

I know for sure I haven't gotten these from BrickLink, since I get enough of the shorter axles from the sets I buy.

I'm not sure if I have looked up correctly, but according to Brickset the 5L axle in black was last included in set 6620 (Ultimate Accessory Set) in 2006: http://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-4114740

On 2/24/2017 at 6:40 PM, Jim said:

I can't seem to find the Problems Browsing The Technic Forum topic, so I'll post it here. If you can find the link, please.

I think we have solved the browsing problem!!

It's great news that the browsing issue is solved, great work! However, there is a function from the old layout I'm missing, where you could go directly to the first unread post for a certain topic. Is there any similar function in the new layout?

Edited by kolbjha

Strange. 8110 from 2011 is the earliest set I've bought and I'm 99% sure those black 5L axles have come from a set.

3 hours ago, kolbjha said:

It's great news that the browsing issue is solved, great work! However, there is a function from the old layout I'm missing, where you could go directly to the first unread post for a certain topic. Is there any similar function in the new layout?

Click on the gearwheel before the post, that'll bring you to the latest unread topic

The feature I miss is the ability to preview comments in the main page. That way you didn't have to go into each post individually just to see that someone said 'like'...

9 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Click on the gearwheel before the post, that'll bring you to the latest unread topic

The feature I miss is the ability to preview comments in the main page. That way you didn't have to go into each post individually just to see that someone said 'like'...

Exactly what I was missing, thanks a lot!

46 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

You mean that the last post was previewed in the topic list?

Looking at the old interface, I am not sure what you mean.

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Just hover over the topic title; a small window should pop up. From there you can preview the first or last post in that topic by clicking on the tabs at the top of the little window.

1 hour ago, ColletArrow said:

Just hover over the topic title; a small window should pop up. From there you can preview the first or last post in that topic by clicking on the tabs at the top of the little window.

Ah, I hadn't discovered that feature yet. It is almost the same as the old user interface... You have to wait a tad long for the window to appear, plus you need to click on 'latest post' to see the latest post. And unfortunately you can't see the latest unread post in this window...

2 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

Jim...can you take a look at this thread, someone isint happy:

Use "Report post" button instead of posting about it :wink: Someone else could take a look quicker if Jim is not around at the moment.

37 minutes ago, zux said:

Use "Report post" button instead of posting about it :wink: Someone else could take a look quicker if Jim is not around at the moment.

Where is the report button ?

Edited by Richard Dower
typo

Check from the right of your username > post time > Report post

5 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

...this thread, someone isint happy:

So far, that topic is still ok. Will keep an eye on it.

Good Evening,

I'm happy to day! I finished my first project although it's only a mod. (Successfully modded 42039 for full RC and full lighting and still keeping most of it's form as it is).

On 3/25/2017 at 5:51 PM, AkiyamaWataru said:

Good Evening,

I'm happy to day! I finished my first project although it's only a mod. (Successfully modded 42039 for full RC and full lighting and still keeping most of it's form as it is).

does it use xl or l motors?

also since this is a place to talk, how do you make a signature?

Edited by Aventador2004

If you click on your name in the top right corner, then click on Account settings under Settings, you'll find the Signature option on the left.

6 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

does it use xl or l motors?

The drive-motor is a xl-motor the aux-motors are l-motors, as they are easier to secure then m-motors. The only issue with it: it's damn slow... 

6 hours ago, Error404 said:

If you click on your name in the top right corner, then click on Account settings under Settings, you'll find the Signature option on the left.

Thanks!!

5 hours ago, AkiyamaWataru said:

The drive-motor is a xl-motor the aux-motors are l-motors, as they are easier to secure then m-motors. The only issue with it: it's damn slow... 

Have you tried 3:1 ratio.