7 hours ago, Lipko said:

I completely agree with this. seeing "Wow that's awesome" from builders I respect the crap out of is actually driving me to post anything. Otherwise I would just build for myself. Criticism is nice, but with a finished model it doesn't have too much use (at least for me. If I call a model finished, than I'll only enhance anything if I make instructions). I learn from my own mistakes and maybe I'm arrogant, but I usually discover those mistakes better than people who only see pictures.

I agree 100%. If it would be possible to agree more than 100% , I would. :wink:

Hey folks,

just doing a bit of advertising on this competition, "Builder's Games", that I found on flickr. It's open to anyone, and the competition will start when 24 people have joined the group.

The Building Games

Come join us!

I got drunk almost every day for last 5 years. Not proud of this. Still can build, still can create, still can live somehow. If i'd disappear from this forum in some day - it's not because i ended bad. It's because i will go somewhere far away, like Tibet. I don't think it's appropriate topic for writing stuff like this, i just don't know where to share my thougts else.

9 minutes ago, Victor Imaginator said:

I got drunk almost every day for last 5 years. Not proud of this. Still can build, still can create, still can live somehow. If i'd disappear from this forum in some day - it's not because i ended bad. It's because i will go somewhere far away, like Tibet. I don't think it's appropriate topic for writing stuff like this, i just don't know where to share my thougts else.

I couldn't find my place in the world some years ago (still can't but learnt to live with it) but I wasn't self desctructive at least, so I went to Finand to live. I lived there for almost a year without friends, anybody, without work etc. This one year of feeling foreigner and sometimes being in complete solitary was a fun experience. I can only recommend it.

5 hours ago, Victor Imaginator said:

It must be a great community here if you have the courage to tell people about this. As for me, I apreciate this and I won´t judge you! Your bad habit (I have some too :hmpf_bad:) - I think you would be even more creative if you would overcome it, probably with a good (abstinent) friend.

4 hours ago, Lipko said:

I couldn't find my place in the world some years ago (still can't but learnt to live with it) but I wasn't self desctructive at least, so I went to Finand to live. I lived there for almost a year without friends, anybody, without work etc. This one year of feeling foreigner and sometimes being in complete solitary was a fun experience. I can only recommend it.

We are strangers in this world... Although I can´t believe it was all fun being alone, I can imagine it was an interesting experience. Did you build something during this particular time? 

Sometimes I wish to escape my (not always) lovely kids, evil neighbours, noisy women at work and so on and get to a lonely island, of course with my legos, to get all the time and creativity needed to finish some nice projects...

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

We are strangers in this world... Although I can´t believe it was all fun being alone, I can imagine it was an interesting experience. Did you build something during this particular time? 

It was not all fun, and being alone is not fun by itself (before Finland, obviously I wasn't a foreigner and I wasn't completely alone, yet I felt more lonely and very confined). I still can't explain why, but being an "alien" AND being lonely together was the great experience (in general. obviously I was feeling down many times, especially because I wanted to be successful and to settle down in Finland). Dunno, felt like being the main protagonist of an epic film. I also had the opportunity to think a lot and learn some things about myself and my thinking processes.

I was still in my dark age, I only made some computer games (you can check some of them on my youtube channel).

Edited by Lipko

2 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

It must be a great community here if you have the courage to tell people about this. As for me, I apreciate this and I won´t judge you! Your bad habit (I have some too :hmpf_bad:) - I think you would be even more creative if you would overcome it, probably with a good (abstinent) friend.

Actually, alcohol usually boosts creativity as it lessens inhibitions.  Now......having the intellectual firepower to actually DO some of the amazing things that builders do with LEGO is a different story, and excessive alcohol can negatively affect that. Interestingly enough, aside from layman's terms creativity and intelligence have little in common.  The oft held belief that creative people are brilliant is not accurate,  at least not according to the technical definition of intelligence.

Just a little bit of useless infotainment to share at like a cocktail party or something :wink:

Thanks for sharing this discussion. As i observed, alcohol makes me stupid over long time. Less intelligent than 2-5-10 years ago. About trip to finland - it was good idea, to move from all that surrounds me, to more quiet place. I already did it, and whole situation is getting worse. I think that i need to stop drinking. Just stop, force of will... whatever)

9 hours ago, Victor Imaginator said:

I got drunk almost every day for last 5 years.

Alone or with some company?

I used to drink heavily but over last 2 years have cut down for financial and health reasons, having 1 now just because I drink real ales or craft ales simply for their different tastes. 

Appropriate to have this discussion in the Technic pub ... :wink:

I admire your courage of speaking out. I would look for professional help. Alcohol is a hard drug. Simple motivations like think of all the sets you can buy if you do not use the money for alcohol are probably not strong enough in the long run.

Take care!

Mária, Isten anyja,  I didn't realize how varied all our backgrounds are!

it is fascinating where we all come form emotionally. Understandably, I have no trouble with alcohol (My age is sadly no secret) but I understand the feeling of needing to distance yourselves with familiarity. I recently took up homeschooling- I am alone 10 hours a day five days a week, and do not interact with anyone my age.While this isn't as drastic as moving to a new country, it is of similar idea. After a disastrous early high school career I took up this new journey, and am finding it refreshing.  I hope all of you find your own journeys able to bring you back home in good health. 

Sincerely, 

Myers Lego Technic 

Edited by Myers Lego Technic

Good evening folks.

I am after a bit of advice from anyone who has sold their lego moc's or have done commissions. 

I have been approached by a company who have seen one of my models. They want to buy or have one made for them. My problem is that I have no idea how to quote for it. I don't really know how long it took me to make, as it was done over a long period of time, at short bursts of making. I know roughly how much the parts cost, but then I'd have to source new parts from various different vendors on bricklink or lego bits and pieces. I don't know how long that would take, and I don't know how much postage would be. 

Obviously I don't want to ask for exact figures from people who have done commissions, but I'd really like to hear thoughts on how to handle the situation! 

Thanks. 

I can't seem to find the Problems Browsing The Technic Forum topic, so I'll post it here. If you can find the link, please.

I think we have solved the browsing problem!!

Yes, it seems so! I tried going between pages in topics in the Technic forum after reading your post and indeed it seems to be all good now!

Cool! That's great to hear. Took a bit too long, but I'm glad we've got this nasty bugger.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

I can't seem to find the Problems Browsing The Technic Forum topic, so I'll post it here. If you can find the link, please.

I think we have solved the browsing problem!!

Awesome, you did indeed! Congratulations, bugs like these can be a real pain in the behind to track down!

8 minutes ago, DaFokka said:

...bugs like these can be a real pain in the behind to track down!

Some are nasty indeed. But the good thing about software problems is that eventually they can always be solved :classic: :thumbup: (okay, almost always)

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Cool! That's great to hear. Took a bit too long, but I'm glad we've got this nasty bugger.

Would you share some details about the bug? Just for us bug-report-loving amateur programmers.

Works great.  Looks like the ghosting transition effect between switching pages have been removed.  Thanks Jim and Admins.  :classic: