Sign in to follow this  
Hor

Knights Kingdom in Nestle products

Hi,

kk-nestle-complete1.jpg

I found today in local supermarket (it's Russia) several Nestle products packed with various KK related items. So far I found three variants:

1. With paper catapult (made from box)

2. With shileld which shots with paper disks

3. Plastick knight figure

I was not impressed by first two options. The third one is more interesting. I've uploaded pictures to brickshelf (most info on the box is in Russian, I can translate if needed):

1. Figure front

2. Figure back

3. Shield front

4. Shield back

5. Weapon

6. Sticker

7. Complete front

8. Complete back

9. Box front

10. Box back

Some comments:

Knight figure is made from one-piece, hollow from the back. It is about the same height as Tigura or Yeti from Oriental Expedition sets. It is not articulated, but its back is flat, so I think that figure can be used for various castle decorations. It comes with shield, weapon and sticker sheet (gray baseplate is NOT included). All items are original LEGO pieces (copyrights are everywhere on pieces and box). Seems to be made from the same plastic as Bionicle/Large Knights (softer than standard bricks). There are a few studs and tehcnic holes, so pieces can be connected to other LEGO pieces. Connections seems to be firmly. And yes, shield is new light gray (aka stone/blay).

There are six different figures - 4 knights, Vladek and Dark Knight (no King Matias).

==HOR

Thats ehh well eeehhh.... eeehh... Errmmmm... but... ermmmm... ehhhhh.... *sick*

That hardly even looks like Lego *sick* did you eat the cereal after this fell into it?

Thanks for the pics though!.. and the warning, no more nestle for me! ;)

Jon.

Bottom line who cares because we dont live in Russia :-D

But as LEGO is spending money on this, it affects their budget and it gives us an idea of what they think appeals to kids - two things that seriously affect all LEGO fans worldwide. ;)

Unfortunatly true, but its a kid crappy little plasic rubbish toy!!!

At least TLC should do like in Japan, much more interesting for us ;)

It seems that I caused strong anti-LEGO feelings here. Sorry, for that 8-|

But I do not agree with most arguments:

1. I do not think that these pieces are "bad-tasted". They are good as far as it could be possible with such budget. I do not think that LEGO donates Nestle. The complete box costs ~70 RUR or just

Damn i think you are our first russian member here ! that's great *satis*

It seems that I caused strong anti-LEGO feelings here. Sorry, for that 8-|

P.S. Sorry for too serious reply :)

No need to apologize here our russian friend ;)

Its just I (and the guys posting there) really don't like it, thats it. Those sets are not intended for AFOLs, thats for sure. If kids like it, good for them.

On a marketing point of view, I would rather have a mini Tie Interceptor (like Kabaya in Japan) than those, but you know taste vary...

Don't worry, there are never too serious replies, no need to apologize once more.

No need to apologize here our russian friend ;)

Its just I (and the guys posting there) really don't like it, thats it. Those sets are not intended for AFOLs, thats for sure. If kids like it, good for them.

On a marketing point of view, I would rather have a mini Tie Interceptor (like Kabaya in Japan) than those, but you know taste vary...

Don't worry, there are never too serious replies, no need to apologize once more.

Thank for kind words! :')

It's not problem [for me] that somebody do not like something. Mostly I tried to say, that it is not reason for this thing to not be good for TLC. I'm sure everyone here wishes to TLC to be healthy and profitable.

I agree, any mini would be far better, but I sure that it production cost more money. I expect that Kabaya promos are allowed to be more expensive because the main goods (are they candies?) are more expensive too.

Wow, those things are awful. As if the Russians haven't had enough, Lego goes and does this to them. First the Mongols, then the Soviets, then the Germans and now this abomination. They are probably all asking, when will it all stop. |-D But seriously, that is just awful.

Steve

As much as I try to give things the benefit of the doubt....I guess it might be usable as a suit of armor display in a hallway...maybe....sorta.

Hrm.

Akkh

well, despite the negative comments left for these "knights", and the disapproval associated with it, i feel it is my duty to report that apparently nestl

These things have also now reached the UK.

My condoleances :-D

Hi tindwcel, our lucky 300th member ;) Welcome to our boards, I hope you appreciate your time with us ;)

These things have also now reached the UK.

My condoleances :-D

Hi tindwcel, our lucky 300th member ;) Welcome to our boards, I hope you appreciate your time with us ;)

I think you're abusing your title tool a TAD bit... ;)

WELCOME, TINDWCEL! 300, FINALLY!

If he's member 300, why is his member number 301?

*Back to puking over the horrible sets.*

EDIT: W00t, found lucky 300...it's drum roll please....

Invaderjes !!! A round of applause.