gylman

Latest updates on LEGO set sales

It's amazing how little of a sale this is when TRU keeps on raising their prices. I checked my local store again since the last time they did a BOGO 50% sale (a couple weeks ago?); the prices were even higher than before. For instance, the prices on the new Star Wars planet sets were $12 last time, making buying two a discount of $2. However, this week they were $13, making the "sale" price of two sets .50 cents off. Same with smaller sized sets, and I didn't even worry about larger sets due to them having +$20 markups.

Pretty shameful in my opinion, masking these grand "sales" with huge markups on MSRP to reel-in unsuspecting buyers (especially when they aren't buying multiple sets, just one overpriced one).

In Canada, the prices at Toys'R'Us are not as marked up here as they are marked up there in the US, until recently, with the smallest two Monster Fighters sets, the largest two The Lord of the Rings sets and The Hobbit Globbin Town set in being marked up by up to $10 more for the large sets and $2 more for the small sets. :hmpf_bad: (This is based on the Canadian MRSP.)

Does anyone know the availability of the Friends collectible polybags (40017-40019) in the U.S.? S@H has them listed as retiring soon, but Walmart and Target don't have them listed on their websites. Have they already sold out from those stores, or have they not arrived yet?

Sid, I've been seeing the Friends Polys at two local Wal-Marts in Maryland. Off the top of my head, I've seen Mia's picnic, Andrea's birthday, Emma's ice cream cart, and I think Olivia's bedroom. I think I've seen a few of these at some area TRUs as well.

No idea. We saw them at a Target this one day and grabbed one of each for our daughter and then the very next time we went to that same Target all of them were gone and haven't been restocked since. I imagine they must be on quite a short run, especially if S@H is already saying they are retiring soon. I'd grab them while I can if I were you. The rest of the polybags in random stores have been pretty hit/miss also. I saw one Ice cream cart at Target before V-Day and none have been restocked since even though there is a section in the Easter area for that particular set. And I saw a picnic set at Wal-mart, but only 1 of the 3 Wal-marts around had it. Whenever I see polybags anymore I grab them because I know I won't see them again anywhere else.

On that note, I've also seen the Police Helicopter poly at Wal-Mart. This is the new one that was a Store exclusive with a $35 purchase last month. I'm glad I held off on spending $35 just to get one--I think I paid less than $4 for it at WM.

Does anyone know the availability of the Friends collectible polybags (40017-40019) in the U.S.? S@H has them listed as retiring soon...

Based on the set numbers you gave and that they're retiring soon, I'm guessing you actually mean 41017-41019, the Series 1 foil bags (Squirrel's Tree House, Cat's Playground, Turtle's Little Oasis). These have been at my local Walmart for some time. Last I checked though they had only a few left and they threw them in with a box of other Friends polybags on the Friends shelves. I saw Series 1 at Shopko at one point, though I couldn't say if they still have them. I also saw at least 4 brand new cases of Series 1 at a Smith's Marketplace last week. Smith's Marketplace is a Kroger's affiliate, as is Fred Meyers, so if you have one of those near you that would be the place to check.

For those of us in the states, check your local Target. I went tonight and quite a few sets were on sale. Most notable was 76000 Arctic Batman, marked down to $16.00 from $20.

Yes, and the Series 1 Friends polybags are $4 this week instead of $5 at Target USA.

Edited by Bricknblue

Yes, and the Series 1 Friends polybags are $4 this week instead of $5 at Target USA.

By this week, do you mean March 24-31? I didn't see them on Target website, so they'll probably be gone here.

Yeah, it would have ended the 30th. I have never paid attention to Friends in Target so I wouldn't know. I just say it in the ad for Easter gift ideas.

Just a note: I spotted the Friends animal polys in Five Below today (still at $4.99). I think Five Below is mostly an east coast chain, so if you've got one or know somebody who does, I'd try that if you can't find them elsewhere.

I think Target is starting another clearance event.

I got four copies of 60018 Cement mixer for $10 each, of course by it's nature these clearance events have different prices/selections.

I think Target is starting another clearance event.

I got four copies of 60018 Cement mixer for $10 each, of course by it's nature these clearance events have different prices/selections.

I'll have to check out my local one today or tomorrow. Seems it's always my luck that they never have anything worthwhile, but it doesn't hurt to swing by and check. Were they on a different clearance aisle, or within the Lego one?

I'll have to check out my local one today or tomorrow. Seems it's always my luck that they never have anything worthwhile, but it doesn't hurt to swing by and check. Were they on a different clearance aisle, or within the Lego one?

They were on one of the clearance endcaps in toys. I have also checkedout other targets and not found clearance, but there is always variability as to what goes clearance and for how much.

For anyone near the Victor, NY Lego Store, their one year anniversary is April 19-21. Among other celebratory activities, they have a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $50 or more.

Someone on a different forum said that Walmart has marked down the Monster Fighter sets. The castle is now $60.

I think the castle was $70 here but I have seen them marked down at three area Wal*Marts. The Catwoman and Cap. America cycle sets are both $9 now also.

Edited by Str0ngbad

At a target I saw 7286 Prisoner Transport (police) for about 30% off....about $17, but at another target it was regular price.

Weird

And May the 4th has begun on S@H. B-Wing is HALF PRICE! $99.98 with free Han Solo exclusive minfig.

Anyone care to get me a set and ship it to me in Singapore? Lol.

Lego.com has had a lot of Star Wars go on clearance

Also the target clearance moved to another store. I got 3 weathertops for half off, and saw Gandalf's arrival and shelob's lair for 30% off...but they were gone the next time I looked.

Target (U.S., not sure about Canada) is having a buy one, get one 50% off sale this week in-store and online. This is a pretty big deal, considering they usually have their sets priced at MSRP (unlike TRU).

EDIT: Should have read the fine print, only good with City and Galaxy Squad. :hmpf_bad: Wonder if Collectible Minfigs counts as City...

Edited by posades

I saw the sign in store tonight for the BOGO sale at Target. It says has to be the same "brand" too. Not sure what that means. I figured Lego is the brand.

Thanks for sharing the deal. It looks like BOGO applies only to Galaxy Squad and City sets.

Target (U.S., not sure about Canada) is having a buy one, get one 50% off sale this week in-store and online. This is a pretty big deal, considering they usually have their sets priced at MSRP (unlike TRU).

EDIT: Should have read the fine print, only good with City and Galaxy Squad. :hmpf_bad: Wonder if Collectible Minfigs counts as City...

Durring their last BOGO I picked up two city polybags which did not ring up correctly, so I told the cashier and he took care of it. I f you're only buying 2 or 4 it shoudl work for you. If you are buying 30....good luck.