To be honest, there are a lot of rare parts or combination of color-part.

In terms of rarity, Rebrickable used to define rare as a part, or part that appeared in a particular color as appearing in fewer than five official lego sets.

However, I do have some technic parts in odd colors, but they did not come from technic sets. Back in the good old days, the larger Bionicle sets and Throwbots had lots of Technic parts in odd colors, such as red gears, or pearl gray liftarms.

I observed that common parts have a price around 50€/Kg, while uncommon parts have a higher price. Would be interesting to see which Technic parts and which color-part combination peak according to this index :-)

RC motors and units are quite rare... And micromotors!

I have four micrometers. :tongue:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

You mean the metallic silver ones? Yeah, these are quite expensive. I fear the used ones are scratched.

Probably the most expensive non-electric parts I own are 4 x 19L black soft axles in excellent condition. Or are the power puller tyres more expensive nowadays? Got four of those as well, found an 8466 for cheap :laugh: You just gotta get lucky with those.

Yea, I was talking about the metallic silver ones. My version of 8285 came witg the standard grey ones and i was very upset.

Ha ha I though i had a lot with 3 , and just to day I got 2 second had but good condition 8475 and 2 power puller wheels and rims for just $40 .

Sooo stoked !

Has anyone found a good use for "Hero Factory Weapon Barrel with 2 Pin Holes and 3 Axle Holes" 98585.jpg?2?

I got a few on BL with the vague thought that they might be useful in orbital transmissions.

Not yet, but I got 2 of them with the EV3 Expansion Set, then went ahead and bought 10 off BL. I've been thinking about a GBC contraption ... but nothing final yet.

Edited by DrJB

Geez Guys .. Just because parts don't appear in official sets, they don't have be cloned or illigally obtained

I have hundreds of prototype parts (including that thin 15L liftarm - in a colour not even officially released by TLG) and TLG knows that

They got no problem with that either. Everything was _bought_ through proper channels, so it's all cool :classic:

I used to have a couple of hundred, but I'm down to 50 or so. And just to rain on your parade, I paid less than one euro each .. and they were new to boot :tongue:

odd_93.JPG

Cheers,

Ole

Edited by 1974

Hi Ole,

Please don't react as if the rest is accusing you of being a criminal.

Before this derails; people here don't know how prototype parts are being handled by/at TLG, so they are purely speculating. Nothing personal.

No problem, Jim :thumbup:

Have a nice day! :classic:

Edited by 1974

I can't resist to ask you for the exact details on such a cool story. How did you get that amount (hundreds)?

- Are they leftovers from some kind of school project, bought trough Lego's educational department?

- Bad production batch with minimal/optical failures on the part?

Hi Phybuilder

They came from Billund :wink:

Motors are pristine and perfect as you can see in the pic. Even though micromotors are notorius for going bad, I actually haven't been able to do that yet (or find one bad apple in my lot)

As far as I know, TLG melts (pure bricks) or thrashes (electrical parts) bad production parts

They do however donate 'floorsweeps' of over production of parts, I've bought 'charity give aways' like that (odd lot that was though .. )

Cheers,

Ole

Edited by 1974

Hi antp

Yes, that subject surely makes me wake up :laugh:

Links have been changed (again, sorry :cry_sad: ), but everything is here now :

www.blacktronite.com

Cheers,

Ole

Edited by 1974

I know there are Technic clones out there (can't remeber the brand, something like "Drool"?) .. do those mfgs make liftarms/Technic parts that TLG doesn't?

Cheers,

Ole