I got mine today and are currently still building it, step 219 while I'm typing. My 24z gears are normal with friction, I don't know what could be up with yours.

did you check the axle against other gears?. Possible the gears are different, but also possible you got a duff axle instead.

8 hours ago, HallBricks said:

The two 24z gears that came with my copy of 42066

What do You mean by "copy"?

9 hours ago, bonox said:

did you check the axle against other gears?. Possible the gears are different, but also possible you got a duff axle instead.

I have checked that, it's the same with all axles... strange

10 hours ago, Error404 said:

I got mine today and are currently still building it, step 219 while I'm typing. My 24z gears are normal with friction, I don't know what could be up with yours.

I might have to check again, I think both of my gears had this issue... 

Part #32015 is now available in Flat Silver: http://brickset.com/sets/70902-1/Catwoman-Catcycle-Chase

also....Part #30031 is back in Flat Silver, this was previosuly used in 8285: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=30031&colorID=67&in=A

Part #60483 is now available in White: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=60483&colorID=1&in=A

Part #2432 is now available in Pearl Dark Gray: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=70902-1

Part #6536 in Dark Purple.

Part #2951 will be available for the first time in LBG in this upcoming Summer set:

http://brickset.com/sets/70915-1/Two-Face-Double-Demolition

70915-1.jpg?201701300620

Also...the parts inventory for 2017 has been updated and new parts/colours added: http://brickset.com/parts/new-25-02-17

Edited by Richard Dower

This part is being used in many of the newest super-car MOC's. But it only came in the big Porsche set, so only comes in orange. I would love to build several of these MOC's, but only orange cars gets old. Does anyone know if it will be included in a future set in another color? If not what are other choices - 3D printed, painting or ??

It will come in purple in 42069 later this year, but to be honest, that probably won't help. By the way, what creations are you talking about? I've only ever seen the fenders used in one MOC.

What do you do about rubberbands? i lost some of older sets...

i also had somewho seem glued to the pieces after a few years in the basement

good-news-everyone.jpg

Part #32187 is now available in Black:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=32187&colorID=11&in=A

32187.gif

On 3/3/2017 at 0:22 AM, Sprites said:

I have them all in bag, lof various sizes and colours....most are easy to get again from bricklink or Ebay....very cheap. I don't use the very often....mostly for older pre 2000's sets.

4 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Very nice piece to have in black...

I can think of an 8880 mod....since the set came with alternate parts/gears etc. in Black. That part has alot of uses for modding.

7 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

I have them all in bag, lof various sizes and colours....most are easy to get again from bricklink or Ebay....very cheap. I don't use the very often....mostly for older pre 2000's sets.

I might look there to replace the lost ones or those which are now hard

and i was talking about this kind ... apparently acetone also melts lego pieces so i don't really know on how to get them clean , like the 8480 shuttle i can't quite remove the green rubber part :/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6grRaxXAAAD992.jpg[/img]

Edited by Sprites
damn image

1 hour ago, GREG998 said:

I've recently encountered a minor "issue" with a 5.5 axle double with stop (ref: 32209 or 59426).

One of those parts was.........flexible. Not as flexible as a flexible axle but enough to be unsuitable for the function it was needed (in a wheel hub).

I've checked my others 32209/59426 parts and none of them was softflexible but as rigid as other technic axle. This one ended in a less challenging area of the cari was building, somewhere in the transmission.

So, doest it mean:

- 32209 was soft/flexible but 59426 is not

- I have a bootleg part.....(less cool).....

I had an axle which was too flexible.  Upon very close inspection, it had a minute crack.

First of all I want to apologize if i disrupt current discussion about parts recoloring, but I have a feeling that this tread is the right one for asking this question: does anyone know how does tumbler tire work with portal axle hub like in this image

5834077742_19bb24c72a_z.jpg

Question which I still have after Jim's You Tube video: is tumbler tire symmetrical or asymmetrical?

I was looking for this Info because of this one my older project is on the Ice...and those tires are not cheap (yet)...

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, efferman said:

it is symetrical

Thank you Michael :thumbup:

22 hours ago, GREG998 said:

I've recently encountered a minor "issue" with a 5.5 axle double with stop (ref: 32209 or 59426).

One of those parts was.........flexible. Not as flexible as a flexible axle but enough to be unsuitable for the function it was needed (in a wheel hub).

I've checked my others 32209/59426 parts and none of them was softflexible but as rigid as other technic axle. This one ended in a less challenging area of the cari was building, somewhere in the transmission.

The ones I have:

ones with square short end edges - a bit flexible
ones with rounded short end edges - noticeably harder

Cheers...though the colours are not really practicle for technic sets.

8 hours ago, zux said:

The ones I have:

ones with square short end edges - a bit flexible
ones with rounded short end edges - noticeably harder

I only see flex due to the weight of the vehicle.

Edited by Richard Dower
typo

Not sure that it's very useful, but four red 22961 pieces were observed in 75525 set (Baze Malibus action fig). However I'm still waiting for a black color...

22961.t1.png 

11 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

In 71042 Silent Mary, we see some recolors of Technic parts.

And some parts in pearl gold:

The #1 connector isn't new in gold, and if the flex axle is 16M long, it's not new either. :wink:

On 2/27/2017 at 10:31 PM, HallBricks said:

The two 24z gears that came with my copy of 42066 have ZERO friction... they look exactly the same as previous molds, but they literally fall of an axle if it's tilted. Have TLG changed the mold slightly or is there something wrong with the gears I got? Would be strange if both parts had this issue. Have anyone else experienced this?

Bringing this up again, but I've slowly been disassembling the silage plow from my Claas Xerion set over the last hour while watching YouTube-videos and while doing this, I found that the 24z gear in the plow has no friction whatsoever, just like you described here. I don't recall it being frictionless when I built it, but it's in perfect condition.
It's exactly like regular 24z gears except having a barely noticeable slack that allows it to slide on an axle.

Edited by Error404