Bonaparte

[LIBRARY] Sails

At most electronics and hobby shops you can find a kind of paper called "transfer paper." It is primarily used far taking designs from a computer and putting them onto a t-shirt. I think this would be the ideal option for you. Be sure to read the instructions on the package as it can be kind of tricky if you have never used it before.

Thank you for your advice. :pir-sweet: I just ran to my local fabric store and picked up some cloth and transfer paper. I also was lucky enough to find "anti-fray" liquid to prevent the cloth sails from fraying.

I plan to iron on the "two crossed cannons over red stripes pattern" imperial logo onto my cloth. :pir-classic:

Thank you for your advice. :pir-sweet: I just ran to my local fabric store and picked up some cloth and transfer paper. I also was lucky enough to find "anti-fray" liquid to prevent the cloth sails from fraying.

I plan to iron on the "two crossed cannons over red stripes pattern" imperial logo onto my cloth. :pir-classic:

Please show us the result when you do!

Please show us the result when you do!

How about I show you the completed ship with the sails? :pir-grin:

Edited by Patriot720

I Recently purchased 6227 Imperial Trading Post second hand off ebay; just the instruction and pieces. When I opened up the bag, there was 2 Tan Cloth Sail 11 x 13 Was this a mistake by the seller, did this sail come in any other set or was it a packaging glich by Lego? Thanks for your help :pir-classic:

Pat

Edited by Patriot720

It was a mistake! Lucky :kahuka: !

It may have originally been a mistake by TLC, and the seller just passed it on, or he/she may have had a spare, and was trying to get rid of their whole Lego collection, so just added it in. I frequently get a couple of extra pirates and weapons when I get stuff of eBay :pir-grin:

For your viewing pleasure

6242 Imperial Flag

6242-flag.png_thumb.jpg

6243 & 6253 Pirate Flag

6243-6253-flag.png_thumb.jpg

6243 Ship Sails

6243-skull.png_thumb.jpg 6243-box.png_thumb.jpg 6243-triangle.png_thumb.jpg

-Carson

Edited by pdcarson

For your viewing pleasure

Thanks a lot for these scans. Thanks to you our Sail/flag library is again complete (I've added them to the library).

And welcome at Eurobricks/Classic-pirates :pir-wink:

Does anyone know of a resource for full sized scans of Lego sails? I don't have any sails and would like to print some out on construction paper for some ships I plan to build.

Thanks in advance.

We were discussing someting similar before somewhere, I don't know exactly where.

It was about the idea adding print size images for sails in the sail library.

It is a quite good idea but it takes some time to make it possible. :pir-classic:

I printed the sails for the Renegade Runner out today, and they look huge. They both almost stretch across a 8x11 piece of paper. Are they supposed to be that big?

I printed the sails for the Renegade Runner out today, and they look huge. They both almost stretch across a 8x11 piece of paper. Are they supposed to be that big?

Inches, right?

The triangular sail should be 12cmx18cm, so, assuming that you're resizing in Word, just format the size to that.

The other sail is the right size, more or less (19cmx13cm), although having recently released the RR in my possession to ISC, I can't confirm :pir-blush:

Inches, right?

The triangular sail should be 12cmx18cm, so, assuming that you're resizing in Word, just format the size to that.

The other sail is the right size, more or less (19cmx13cm), although having recently released the RR in my possession to ISC, I can't confirm :pir-blush:

Thanks for the measurements.

I dont know if anybody will reply anymore, but what size should I print the Imperial Trading Post Ship Sails?

The size of the scan in this library is the correct one. I've printed that sail myself already to put on the ITP ship.

The size of the scan in this library is the correct one. I've printed that sail myself already to put on the ITP ship.

So I can import it on to MS Word or OpenOffice and just print it straightaway?

Edit: I printed it but it was too small

Edited by curtisrlee

I am going to make some scans of the Imperial Flagships sails for everyone to use today, but I would like to know how to post them on here. I want to make a pdf. file so that people can just size the image to 100% and get the correct size of the sail when they print it out. I don't really want to take up my attachments cache with this so could one of you guys tell me how to do it. Do I just email the pdf. to one of the moderators or do I do something else. Any information regarding this would be appreciated. :pir-classic:

Edited by bengun

PDFs aren't the easiest file to use - you can, however, upload them to Brickshelf (tutorial here), so you don't need to attach them to your post.

Personally, I'd prefer to have .jpg images, which can then be resized to the right size, in a similar fashion to the rest of the Sail Library.

By the way, once you're done, I'll be very happy to add them to the index - the one set we haven't got yet! :pir-sweet:

PDFs aren't the easiest file to use - you can, however, upload them to Brickshelf (tutorial here), so you don't need to attach them to your post.

sorry but, dude its all about fickr, brickshelf is a mess :pir-sceptic:

Alright, here are the sails. I am not quite sure how to post them here so if I didn't do something right here please let me know. :pir-classic: Also it may be an hour or so before the folder becomes public. :pir-hmpf_bad: I do hope that Lego wouldn't push any copyright laws. I haven't seen them do it before but, I almost wonder with this ship.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4289612

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4289613

Edited by bengun

I think .jpg is good enough too. Most people know how to revise them and if not then their is a nice tutorial on the site here. I found the post listing FAQs and guides to be very helpful.