14888232178_b13e9f60f5_z.jpg

At a gold mine in Gorr, peril strikes!

15051834596_213ab10bc7_z.jpg

A lesser Guylinea dragon is attacking this gold mine.

14888243138_241b91d189_z.jpg

Luckily, another famous dragon-slayer is there to save the day. (Because the pictures with my sigifg in them turned out terrible :wink: )

15074722342_16ed0dd55e_z.jpg

Well... to sorta save the day. :tongue:

15071811471_9718c08900_z.jpg

I tried to make this a (fairly) realistic gold mine.

14888275467_a2e6eaebdd_z.jpg

From the mine-shafts further up the mountain, workers shovel the loose rock and ore into this chute. It slides into a barrel waiting below.

14888187590_f19372ddc4_z.jpg

The barrel is on a swivel, and pours the mixture into the spring below.

14888197950_9e58a2b93f_z.jpg

The fast-moving water washes away the dirt and rocks, but the gold stays in the streambed. Workers strain out the filtered gold using a greased sheepskin. Yay history! (Yeah, I could have posed the miner better, but this was basically a last-second addition when I couldn't find a gold pan :laugh: )

14888133729_ace7cbdacf_z.jpg

This waterwheel powers a set of bellows in the base of the tower, making the forge hot enough to purify the gold.

14888132629_739b5cc46e_z.jpg

Finally, the gold is shipped out to the major cities of Kaliphlin.

15071808531_dd111596a6_z.jpg

The cave, with a stream flowing out of it. My apologies for the lack of water pieces inside, as well as for the un-pressed-down gaps in the rocks.

15074469192_dc44fcfefd_z.jpg

The landscaping. Why is there a random wall of bricks there?

Oooohhh yeeahhh.

, baby

(If you know how to embed videos here, kindly enlighten me :classic: )

UoP Credits:

+1 Tree technique

+1 Studs up rocks and cliffs

+1 Manufacturing

+1 Flowing Water

Thanks for viewing!

Edited by Thomas of Tortuga

Very nice build Thomas, lots of colour and action. Without doubt the most unusual base in any Historica MOC so far! What an amazing idea for the water!

So much going on in this build, i like it alot! Also the dragon slayer that gets zapped is hillarious! The water, rockwork, plants, everything top-notch!

Excellent MOC! I love how you've created the whole mining environment with very nice and realistic equipment :classic:

But then I saw your video, that's really cool!!

Very cool TT! The cave that the water comes out of is great, and I think the action is great. But, of course the extra work you put in to make it actually have flowing water is just great!

Very nice build Thomas, lots of colour and action. Without doubt the most unusual base in any Historica MOC so far! What an amazing idea for the water!

Thank you! The water took a whole lot of work to keep it working :wink:

So much going on in this build, i like it alot! Also the dragon slayer that gets zapped is hillarious! The water, rockwork, plants, everything top-notch!

Thanks! It's actually (relatively) easy to redraw minifig faces in GIMP, and it's really useful if you do a lot of storytelling.

Nice! I like the attention to detail!

Thank you!

Excellent MOC! I love how you've created the whole mining environment with very nice and realistic equipment :classic:

But then I saw your video, that's really cool!!

Thank you! Video quality is kinda crummy (probly too much light), but at least it works :blush:

Nice work! All those details, just great work!

Thanks!

Very cool TT! The cave that the water comes out of is great, and I think the action is great. But, of course the extra work you put in to make it actually have flowing water is just great!

Thank you! I never realized before how leaky Lego bricks are... :laugh:

Really like it! All the detail for how gold mine works and the lesser dragon, really like it :)

Thanks!

And here is the lesser Guylinea dragon in action :) Nice clean presentation photo and lovely action photo with the guy hit by electricity! Nice one...

Wow man, very nice job on the working water. It just made this MOC from a good one to an awesome one.

Nice moc, really like the cave and the minifig posing :thumbup:

Thanks!

This is great! Very detailed.

Thank you!

And here is the lesser Guylinea dragon in action :) Nice clean presentation photo and lovely action photo with the guy hit by electricity! Nice one...

Yup! I'm glad you liked the photos :wink:

This is one of the best mine builds i have ever seen^^

Thank you!

Where did you get the green bird??

It's from a old 4 Juniors set I got when I was five. (most of the time, I'd rather have the multicolored parrots, but still... :grin: )

Wow man, very nice job on the working water. It just made this MOC from a good one to an awesome one.

Thank you! I'm thrilled you like it so much!

Very cool build, Tot. I really like that cave entrance. The way the rocks are formed and narrow looks really natural to me. I also dig the authentic attempt at a gold mine and it's awesome to see the dragon in action (poor dragonslayer). Looking at the whole thing in your first couple of pictures... wow. So much work must have went into the foliage and rocks. Then you had to go the extra mile with running water. Tip of the hat, Tot. Tip of the hat.

This is great, very realistic and detailed. I was completely suprised by the ship base and the awesome water features. Awesome build!

Great scene Thomas! The colors here are really nice, though that dark, craggy cave is one of my favorite parts. Nice work!

Very nice work, it looks fantastic. I especially love the effect with the cave. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Very cool build, Tot. I really like that cave entrance. The way the rocks are formed and narrow looks really natural to me. I also dig the authentic attempt at a gold mine and it's awesome to see the dragon in action (poor dragonslayer). Looking at the whole thing in your first couple of pictures... wow. So much work must have went into the foliage and rocks. Then you had to go the extra mile with running water. Tip of the hat, Tot. Tip of the hat.

Thank you! is that my nickname, now, ToT? :laugh: It took a while, especially when the water started draining all over the counter, but I'm glad it paid off :classic:

This is great, very realistic and detailed. I was completely suprised by the ship base and the awesome water features. Awesome build!

Thank you! :wink:

Very nicely done! I like the use of the Lesser Dragon!

Thanks!

Nice work! I like your dragon concept. :thumbup:

Thank you!

Great scene Thomas! The colors here are really nice, though that dark, craggy cave is one of my favorite parts. Nice work!

Thanks! I also like how well that part turned out :classic:

Lovely landscape and the mine additions are superb :wub: It looks like Glorfindel may have even been present (the guy on the right in the scaffold has the same face as my sig).

Very cool water function too :thumbup: