Hi LEGO Comunity,

I dont know if this is the right thread where posting this MOC. However, if the post has to be relocated, no problem with moderators.

I'm not exactly a MOC car builder, I prefer MOC trains as you can see in my linked pages. But I like real cars, especially classic cars, like the Citroen DS which is one of my favourites, and so once a year I try to build a realistic car model. I saw many MOCs of the DS in the web, but when I saw "gribra"s project (credit to him and hope he will reach most supporters in "LEGO ideas") I decided to attempt a similar realisation. After several ideas and projects, last month I finally built the car. What do you think about it? For me, and as gibra wrote, it is very important that the car perfectly fits to the already existing and amazing VW T1 Camper Van (10220), not like - I think - the MINI Cooper (10242) which is certainly very nice but, compared to the VW Van, not an exact match of scale (also Dirk1313, in his topic -showtopic=96991- presenting his wonderful Mini Cooper Convertible MOD, said the same thing). If you have any question, I'm always available.

Max - bmacro

the original

1a.jpg

gribra's "idea"

1e.jpg

my attempts (POV rendering)

2.png

3.png

6.png

7.png

9.png

The real final...hope you enjoy it

p1030291.jpg

p1030292.jpg

p1030296.jpg

p1030298.jpg

p1030300.jpg

p1030306.jpg

p1030308.jpg

p1030310.jpg

p1030312.jpg

p1030314.jpg

p1030316.jpg

p1030318.jpg

p1030319.jpg

p1030321.jpg

p1030322.jpg

p1030323.jpg

p1030324.jpg

p1030325.jpg

p1030326.jpg

p1030327.jpg

p1030328.jpg

p1030329.jpg

p1030330.jpg

p1030331.jpg

p1030333.jpg

bmacro: www.flickr.com/photos/95725803@N07/

Brilliant DS! If it were in the shops I'd buy it! :thumbup:

Edited by grum64

Aweome model! Does it have pneumatic suspenion for that smooth feeling :laugh:

P.S. Shouldnt this be in the model team subforum?

Whoa! Nice lines!

I have fond memories of this car from around 1965 when a German family, the Sperbergs, brought one to Odessa, Texas, which is at the end do the world on most scales. We oohed and aahed every time it purred around a corner unlike the Ford and Chevy pickups complete with full gun racks of loaded rifles in their rear windows and ten gallon hatted, boot wearing "cowboys" at the wheel as they roared around the corner. What most men drove in our desolate town.

This car looked to us like a spaceship that aliens would arrive in from outer space. The one time they gave us a ride home from swim practice, I became dizzy enclosed in such an exotic work of art. I loved the design then and still do!

Congrats on a fine build!

Hey, welcome back my lego friend! :classic:

This car looks absolutely outstanding ...you really spot on the shape of this iconic car! :wub:

I like also the great internal details!

Keep on bmacro! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

My compliments for the first page! :laugh:

Outstanding! Back I the 70s, my neighbor in Denver had one.

You should set up an assembly line, start cranking them out and sell them. I'll take a couple!

Nice MOD of an amazing model! :thumbup:

You've probably just forgotten to provide a link to gribra's original model (which should be common courtesy among mocists in my opinion, so that everybody can compare the original design and the modified model). Even gribra's picture with the tan DS isn't linked to gribra, but to your own Brickshelf.

Anyhow providing a link is most important here since you'll want to feature gribra's project on Cuusoo/Ideas.

Link to gribra's Cuusoo/Ideas project page: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/55753 Sorry if I've overlooked something in your post.

Glad to see again your DS!

What scale it is? It seems to me that it is around 1:16 - 1:17. I would love to see it next to those trucks in same scale!

Hello, sorry for opening old topic, but do you have the plans/instructions or 3D file available? (LLD or studio) I would be very interested in building this. 

Thank you!