Farnheim

MOC - 4wide foam tanker truck

Hello everyone,

time for some retro again :laugh: . I wanted to show you one of my latest creations. But it’s been a while since I completed it. Anyway. It’s a very special fire apparatus – a tanker truck. This one is in service for a refinery company fire brigade in the city of Farnheim. The trailer is filled with 23,500 liters of foam and serves as a logistic feeder or as a distributor into the water network at emergency scenes. This tractor-trailer is not able to start fire fighting operation on its own, because it hasn't any pump or a water cannon installed. You always need a pumper, too.

I used the same building technique for the tank that I used for another small foam truck (shown below). It gives a sleek and clean design to the hull. It also allowes to put on a two-tone paint scheme with some intergrated details like lighting at the rooftop, flashlights a the rear end and side markers. As for a little personal touch I clipped on a german flag (a reminiscence of the Soccer World Cup back in July). :wink:

tz16.jpg

tz19.jpg

tz22.jpg

tz24.jpg

tz25.jpg

tz28.jpg

tz29.jpg

tz20.jpg

And its little brother:

stfwf05.jpg

stfwf03.jpg

stfwf06.jpg

Hope you like it. Thanks for watching. Critics & comments are welcome as always.

Regards!

It's well up to you usual standards Farnheim! I like the use of the curves on the sides.

Good job!

It's always a joy to see your 4-wides, Farnheim. I am always torn between the classic 4-wides and the newer 6-wides. But you certainly prove it is possible to make detailed, wonderful-looking 4-wides. Of these two, I especially like the "little brother". I remember a similar truck from my childhood.

Thank you all for the kind comments. I really appreciate ist.

@ droomangroup: That would be a really nice idea.

Amazing work, I like the use of the old tires on this, and the trailer looks great!